Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Stupid question?

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Ok, I know this is probably a STUPID question, but I'm looking out for the health of my piggies. If I'm sick, is there any way I can make my g-pigs sick?

I've come down with a really bad cold the last few days, I've been washing my hands before and after I do anything with them but I've been avoiding lap time because I don't want to end up coughing all over them. I know that some things can be passed from human to pet and the other way around but I'm just unsure about guinea pigs getting human ailments. Thanks!

i think is depends on the virus. I have heard its impossible but then I have heard some viruses could be passed on to animals. I am just getting over a cold myself and I didn't really give it much thought and handled my guinea pigs still and they are all ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.