Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Stuff Made Out Of Popsicle Sticks?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hello again,

So when I first started getting into guinea pigs, I had to idea to build them some hiddys, tunnels, etc out of Popsicle sticks, I also thought it would be great, since they could chew on it if they felt like it. So I bought a huge box of natural wooden popsicle sticks, and some non-toxic glue. I started making a house for them, but never finished it. Now I'm wondering is it safe for them? I have grand ideas for a mini piggy barn and pasture for them made out of popsicle sticks, and maybe a hay rack and such, but I don't want to make it if it's hazardous for them.

So could anyone let me know if this would be ok for my pigs?

I am interested to know if this is okay, though I'm not sure if the glue is a good idea...

Making popsicle stick structures is really common in the mouse world (I made a lovely beach house complete with second level for my mice). I would probably test it out and see if they chew too much. My girls loved their wooden structures, but thankfully didn't chew too much.

(obligatory picture, and yes...I even put in a flower garden lol!)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/VanDiemins/mice/Photo0166.jpg

@Aertyn - that is a super cute little wooden house!

I posted a question similar to this a while ago and never really got a straight answer but I'd like to know if someone has info for this!!

I'd love to try to make a hidey with a hay rack out of popsicle sticks, but only if it's safe... Lightning loves to chew on stuff so I don't want to do it if it's not gonna be safe!!

I had to stop using cardboard because Wally eats it. Doesn't chew it, but actually eats it. Right now i have a little corner hut made up w/ old t-shirts and a fleece bed thing. He won't eat that. I'm afraid to try anything plastic.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.