Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Stressed and need ideas!

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
As of right now we're very cramped for space with our pigs! I have 9 pigs! 2 are males and 7 are females. The two male have a 2 x 4 cage with a 2 x 2 top level and they love it but all 7 of my girls have a 2 x 8 cage with a 2 x 2 top level on one side and then a little one grid snuggle area that holds baskets to sleep in and a wicker horn with timothy hay in it. My girls are cramped in the cage and I feel bad but we're moving from South Dakota to Louisiana on the 28th! Should I keep their cages the way they are for now or definately start remodelling and expanding?! I've been wanting to really expand on their cage but my boyfriend said if we make it any bigger it would be very hard to move!

[GuineaPigCages.com] Stressed and need ideas![GuineaPigCages.com] Stressed and need ideas! The side with the fiddlestick ramp I have changed up a bit. (waiting on straw mats so I can change it up for the girls) and i have added another grid ontop of where you can see the metal rod holding up the second level.

If I were you I would wait for the move. The 28th is only 11 days away and a 2x8 cage is not that bad.

I would go ahead and wait. Take the time to figure out a design for the new space and collect any other supplies you may need. Cute piggies!

I'd wait, too. Once you get settled, you can take your time and expand it without having to rush.

Okay, thanks guys! My girls seem calm enough most of the time but I have a really dominant female and she has a 3 wk old baby and she bites the other girls when they get too close! And Thanks Hhbean! I love my babies! I'm thinking about almost doubling their cage size once we get down there. :)

Just want my girls to be happy and to be able to zoom around the cage! They have pushed all the huts and toys into the corners so they can just race around the middle of the cage. I've given up on arranging it the way i think it should be a long time ago.

And, I just notice myself cause its very hard to tell but the baby is mostly black with a few brown spots! If you look on the right side of the hay rack next to the one drinking out of the water bottle you'll see her :3 Here's a good picture of her black side [GuineaPigCages.com] Stressed and need ideas!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.