Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Strangest dream - guinea pig related and rather funny!

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
I'm a teenager, off school so I did what teenagers do best. I slept, I just woke up actually. I had a dream where I was walking through my primary school as it was closing down, it's a beautiful old building that looks rather creepy on a cloudy day(which it was in my dream.) I was helping a former teacher of mine pack and then my childhood Spanish teacher walks in and screams that there's something in the corner. When I look it's a guinea pig, rat and mouse. They were homeless and living in a group. So I caught them, it was easy to catch the piggie and rat but the mouse was hard. The pig and rat were very laid back but the mouse kept biting me. Then I put them in a dog carrier that had a blanket and popcorn in it. Then they ate the popcorn as I left with them..

Strange thing is, I don't dream. I haven't had a dream in years. Maybe it means I'll be adopting more rodents soon? :eek: I've never had a mouse before.

Have YOU ever had crazy guinea pig related dreams?

LOL!!!

I had a dream once where I woke up and discovered there were 3 babies in with Poppy. The only problem with that scenario is that Poppy is a BOY!! :eye-poppi

LOL!!!

I had a dream once where I woke up and discovered there were 3 babies in with Poppy. The only problem with that scenario is that Poppy is a BOY!! :eye-poppi

OH NOES! :eek: Did he take his new job as a single mom well? :eye-poppi

I have had many dreams about guinea pigs. Several times before I got Zelda I dreamed my mom went to a pet store and bought me a pig and tiny cage or aquarium without asking me first! The funny thing is I know this would never have happened, my mom and I agree giving pets as gifts is a bad idea.

I also had a dream once that my pig had three babies. This one actually came true, to an extent. The colors were different (The dream-guineas were an agouti and two red and white pigs) and in real life one died.

Those are some strange dreams. xD When I was younger,right when I adopted my first guinea pig I had a dream that she turned in to this huge godzilla sized creature and ate the roof off our house...The weird things minds think of while we're sleeping lol

I get these weird dreams once in a while were I find random animals in my house in a hiden place that I forgot I had or pets that died when I was a kid. Then I have to nurse them back to health because I had for gotten about them.

I have had many dreams about guinea pigs. Several times before I got Zelda I dreamed my mom went to a pet store and bought me a pig and tiny cage or aquarium without asking me first! The funny thing is I know this would never have happened, my mom and I agree giving pets as gifts is a bad idea.

I also had a dream once that my pig had three babies. This one actually came true, to an extent. The colors were different (The dream-guineas were an agouti and two red and white pigs) and in real life one died.
Do you have.. the inner eye? :eye-poppi This is so Harry Potter-ish, I love it. :)

I have had many dreams about guinea pigs. Several times before I got Zelda I dreamed my mom went to a pet store and bought me a pig and tiny cage or aquarium without asking me first!

Ophelia was in a 10 gallon aquarium with an igloo that took up half the space before I adopted her at Petco!

I have dreams about my piggies. Usually they involve me taking them to school (always high school, even though I'm in college now) and hiding them in either my backpack or my locker. Then I freak out the entire time about whether they'll be okay in their hiding place. I think those dreams taught me that taking animals to school sneakily isn't the best idea!

When I was like seven I tried to sneak my kitty in my backpack to school! He didn't like that very much..

Do you have.. the inner eye? :eye-poppi This is so Harry Potter-ish, I love it. :)

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday! :D Never read them as a kid.

I mostly have nightmares about the pigs getting hurt or loose. I've woken up in the middle of the night to make sure they were okay. :p

When I wake up in the morning, they're my first thought. I always stumble over myself in the morning to go check them out. Hehe.

I mostly have nightmares about the pigs getting hurt or loose. I've woken up in the middle of the night to make sure they were okay. :p

Another common dream for me, probably stemming from the fact that my gerbils actually did escape one night when I was eight. My mom had put them in the garage because they were so loud and we only ever found one of them. I've also had dreams that our goldfish were flying around the room trying to escape. That one creeps me out every time.

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday! :D Never read them as a kid.

As I kid I was obsessed! I read the 6th in one sitting the night it came out and the 7th in a day..

If i may interpirt this dream, I think it a very literall dream, It probably means that your going to want a group of three rodents (Maybe rats, or mice, or even guinea pigs) that are in bad conditions, And someone close to you (i.e. your mother, etc...) is initially going to be against bring them in, but they will warm up to the idea. and the popcorn can mean that they will be happy with you.

Strange thing is, I don't dream. I haven't had a dream in years. Maybe it means I'll be adopting more rodents soon? :eek: I've never had a mouse before.
Interestingly enough, people who think they don't dream really do, but they just don't remember. I'm a doctor of psychology, and when I was getting my degree, the material on dreams always fascinated me. In studies with people who think they don't dream, they'll actually realize they do and remember the dreams if you have them in a controlled situation and wake them up during the dream phase.

I had one professor who firmly believed that dreams are meaningless and are just the mind "cleaning house" of random junk, but I don't think any of us in that class agreed with him. As a counselor, I've found meaning in clients' dreams and I see it often in my own.

As for guinea pig dreams, I had a recurring dream that I'd go to Amy's cage and find her with new born babies. I think it was a subconscious fear that either she somehow got pregnant before I got her (I know she already had one litter because her original owners had her with a mis-sexed male) or that Borat would somehow break out of his cage and into hers for a little "sexy time."

Interestingly enough, people who think they don't dream really do, but they just don't remember. I'm a doctor of psychology, and when I was getting my degree, the material on dreams always fascinated me. In studies with people who think they don't dream, they'll actually realize they do and remember the dreams if you have them in a controlled situation and wake them up during the dream phase.

I had one professor who firmly believed that dreams are meaningless and are just the mind "cleaning house" of random junk, but I don't think any of us in that class agreed with him. As a counselor, I've found meaning in clients' dreams and I see it often in my own.

As for guinea pig dreams, I had a recurring dream that I'd go to Amy's cage and find her with new born babies. I think it was a subconscious fear that either she somehow got pregnant before I got her (I know she already had one litter because her original owners had her with a mis-sexed male) or that Borat would somehow break out of his cage and into hers for a little "sexy time."

Really? I have sleep problems. I think I wake up mid-dream, it's usually in the middle of my sleep. All the dreams I've had have either been very upsetting or blah. I don't remember ever having a good dream. Mostly it's of dead people and historical events, my most notable one of playing tag with someone through a playground, we were laughing, childlike laughs. Then he turned around and looked at me in a serious way, like he was looking through my soul, I can still picture his face. It was a boy I liked very much who had died when we were young. I woke up moments after I had a stare-off with him, my eyes stuck together from tears and "sleep". I didn't go back to sleep because of the dream and the pain in my leg caused by a recent surgery. I think my illness and his cancer had to do with pollution in the city where we lived(a state notorious for have little to no regulations.) At the time I couldn't walk because of the surgery, yet I was running in my dream. Pretty messed up, eh?

Pretty messed up, eh?
Not messed up at all. I don't know you or your whole situation, but if you were a client, I can see some points I'd key in on that seem to have some meaning. I believe the mind often uses the past for symbolism. No one has ever proven the exact meaning/purpose for dreams, but I personally believe the subconscious uses them to help us work out issues or to alert us to something.

As a laywoman, I think we tend to remember our bad dreams, adrenaline high and that sort of thing.

I am 51 and in Menopause, I will have dreams where I am working hard sweating profusely. I wake up and find I have been. :melodrama

I've had one literal piggy dream and two dreams that were about a pig but he was a dog in the dream.

The piggy dream I had was I had my Porcupine and Odair, but I also had girls in another cage. I had a third cage with one girl and babies as well. But then i found that Odair was sneaking out to go "play" with the girls! That was kinda the gist of it.

Then my other one happened in two parts. One night i had a dream that I was at work and a lady came in carrying a little dog, which isnt unusual in real life. While i was ringing her up at the register I was talking to her and she was saying how she didnt want the dog anymore. She had another one that she liked better and she just didnt want this one anymore. Then I was holding the dog for some reason and she grabbed her bag and was leaving. I asked what about the dog and she told me to just keep him. I was mad but determined he'd have to stay with me even though i live with my parents and i thought they wouldnt be totally happy with another pet but I had to care care for him.

Then a week or so later I had a dream about walking down the street and at the intercetion all the cars were stopped. There was that dog again runnig around alone and no one was going to help him. I got mad again and got him that time as well. Only after I woke up that time did I realize the dog was not just a dog but a stand in for this boar who had been abandoned a month prior at the pet store. I had been there almost everyday to see him and no one was ever interested in him, just the cute babies. I always wanted to rescue him but after a few weeks I figured I wouldnt be able to as no one would let me. These dreams came towards the end of that month. Not long after that second dream i figured out how i could build a cage big enough for my two plus the third. I begged and swore a third would not be that much more work or money. And what do you know, he has now been home for a month exactly! Now that i think about it i should have named him Puppy or something. XD instead of Bear!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.