Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stimulated Piggy?

guineamommy

Cavy Slave
We have noticed that whenever we pet Peanut under the chin he makes a chirpy noise and wiggles around. He seems to be getting stimulated from the way he acts. After he does this, Squirrel will start chasing him around the cage nipping at his rear. Do your piggies get stimulated by rubbing? Do they release a scent that is noticable to other pigs? Or, could Squirrel just be jealous because Peanut is getting attention?

Thank you.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Pigs don't like to be touched in some spots (ie, their rear). I think that if Peanut is wheeking and jumping when you pet him under the chin, he probably doesn't like to be pet there. When I touch my pigs' rears, they jump and wheek at me as if to say "Hey that's mine! Don't touch it!"

guineamommy

Cavy Slave
Peanut actually likes to be rubbed under the chin, at least he keeps coming back for me to do it again. It is Squirrel that acts weird after I scratch Peanut. He starts chasing Peanut around and nips at Peanut's rear. I was thinking that maybe Peanut releases some kind of stimulated smell and Squirrel starts chasing him around???

TheQueen said:
Pigs don't like to be touched in some spots (ie, their rear). I think that if Peanut is wheeking and jumping when you pet him under the chin, he probably doesn't like to be pet there. When I touch my pigs' rears, they jump and wheek at me as if to say "Hey that's mine! Don't touch it!"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.