Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions squeaking while pooping

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I just noticed Angel squeaking. When she moved their was poo and no pee. I have never seen her do that before. What would cause her to do that?

I weighed her and she gained 2 oz. Her poo and pee is normal. She is also acting normal. Just squeaking while pooping and I don't even think its every time or at least I have only seen her do it twice.

It's a symptom of a urinary tract stone or a urinary tract infection. I'd take her for an x-ray to be sure.

Thanks. I made her an appointment for today.

You should definitely do all the test, but it may be a long road. I have had a pig that has been squeaking while pooping, not peeing, and the vets and I have been trying to figure it out for the past half a year. We still don't know what's going on.

I am really hoping you get an answer soon.

The vet felt her stomach and didn't feel anything. She didn't see a need for an x-ray. She wasnt worried because Angel is otherwise completely normal and doesn't squeak all the time. I recently started feeding them grass, dandilions and clover and she think the change in diet could of caused it so I will stop giving those for a while.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.