Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Spent all day waiting to get two guinea pigs......

Piggie Mom

Cavy Slave
and we are finally home with our newest additions. One has a name, still working on the other. I want to name them Molly and Harriet, but my husband isn't too fond of Harriet. I have NO idea why I want to name her that,but she just looks like a Harriet to me.

Anyways, as soon as I get the cage set up and give them a bath (They are filthy and smell awful) I will be taking photos of the girls. They are very happy girls and love to popcorn around in the quarantine cage. She had them both in a very small cage and I doubt it was cleaned much because they smell like poop and pee. Like reek of pee. :( Going to scrub them up and check them all over. I am keeping them in different room away from Tiger Lily. Scrubbing my hands and changing my clothes if I have to pick them up.

Anyways, wanted all of those who helped me to know we have them. :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Yay! I'm so glad you got two piggies! They sound like they are going to be in a much happier, healthier home than the one they came from. =D Do post some pictures tonight!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Congrats! 'm glad you found a way to get out there and meet them. Did you get them from a local person or from a rescue? Just wondering, as i may be interested in adoption a pair! Thank You!

allycat

Cavy Slave
Names what about molly and maya

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yea! Glad it worked out!

Eustace

Cavy Slave
bpatters, The correct spelling is "yeah". Please review your sentence before you post it.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
um.. not to be picky, but everyone makes spelling mistakes and just missing an "h" on the end of an word doesn't make it offensive. Some people even spell it that way. Also, BP was using it in a "praising" way, so there isn't much need to correct it. Just saying. :)

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
bpatters, The correct spelling is "yeah". Please review your sentence before you post it.
Just so you know, correcting someone's spelling is considered rude and shows contempt for the person you're correcting. Besides, "yeah" is pretty flexible in terms of spelling, as people commonly spell it as "ya", "yea" and "yeah". In a situation such as an online forum, any of the above are correct.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Tiger Lily is a flower so how about Monarda, Daisy, Daffodil, Gardenia, Ivy, Mum, Iris, Heather, Tulip.

Thumper27

Cavy Slave

I actually do spell it that way.... I use a lot of slang, try to do better on here, but ya know I just can't help my country self sometimes...

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Eustace, the correct spelling of the word pronounced "yay" is "yea." Which is what I wrote, and what I meant. I wasn't writing the slang expression for "yes."

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm so happy you were able to get your girls! How is Tiger Lily doing(her spot)? I say stick with Harriet because that's what came to you when you saw her and your hubby might be able to turn it into somekind of nickname (Harry, Hart).

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
YEA! Finally! I knew if it would happen for you soon! I bet you can't wait for quarantine to be done and have them all together! lol

Piggie Mom

Cavy Slave
Got a name for "Harriet", hubby still doesn't like it and I don't know if Liv, my 2yr old, will be able to say her name. Going with Molly and Piper.

I like the suggestion for the flower names, but I actually named her Tiger Lily after the Indian Princess in Peter Pan. :)

The spot on her side hasn't changed, which is good since it is not worse. Still treating it and keeping her away from the other girls. I have been using gloves and wearing t-shirts that can be bleached when tending to her. Want to keep those germs away from the other piggies and my family.

Putting the finishing touches on my C&C cage, but it will be done and set up in the dining room by bedtime. :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Yay!! Congratulations but I'm still waiting for picture updates. lol

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
So happy for you! So glad your wait is over. Cannot wait until you post pictures!

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I've been lurking this thread, waiting for pictures before I post. Congrats and kyeah! (the k is silent)

Piggie Mom

Cavy Slave
Cage is together, I just have to get more toys and another hideaway. Went to get some tonight at wally world, but they were out of the hideaways. Going to order one and some other things online later. Would it be okay if I put a plain box in there with holes in it big enough for them to get in and out?

Anyway, here are my new girls. :) They were still damp in the picture, but the heat was on high as well as a space heater right there. They had been wrapped in a warm towel, but both had to pee pee and were nice enough to let me know. Figured while they were running around I would give them a snack and snap a picture. Since the have been through a lot I don't want to stress them out too much with my camera.

This is Piper:

This is Molly:

And I just had to share Tiger Lily because she is my sweetie. :) She heard the other two making a fuss and got pretty excited so I think she will love them once she gets better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.