Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Stores Sorry it took so long.

bunnyguinea21

Cavy Slave
:weepy:I was one of the people that bought from a PetStore and to make it worse, I didn't do any research and took information from the Petstore employee and a costumer in the "Small animal" section who has 6 guinea pigs or something. I bought a petstore cage, the employee grabbed hay, a hidey house and whatever else we needed. I came home and researched my butt off on Guinea Pigs and found this site. I read that they needed a pal so we went back and got another and I then made my 1st cavvy cage.

I read on the "kitchen" part that this site was against Petstore and Breeding and you were actually more towards "RESCUE". I was questioning yesterday that if we get our piggies from a rescue, aren't we actually getting a petstore pig anyways.
Today I went into the Kitchen area in the forum and looked on the news part and OPENED my eyes FINALLY!! OMG!!! I am sick to my stomach and I cannot BELIEVE what these PETSTORES approve of and what they support!! OMG! I seen a rabbit FORCED to intercourse to get pregnant!!!! The guy held her down :weepy: I seen a container bin (not even a big one) with at least 20 pigs in there eating a DEAD RAT!! :weepy:
Then I went on to read other things! I thank this site so much for opening my eyes. And I will never SUPPORT petstores and would rather pay the extra $ to support more positive organizations

I was really upset when I first came on and said something about petstore and I was met with hostility (in someone else's words) I got defensive and now I see why!!! I am educating my kids and letting them know why we are not going to petstores to get our food, accessories and other pet stuff we may need. I'm sure there are other ways to get things. I see why i was welcomed the way I was and I totally understand why and I would do the same thing as well because people NEED to know and how are they going to know if we tiptoe around everyone's feelings to say it! It has to be said and I'm glad it was said to me! I WOULD NEVER KNOWINGLY support what these PETSTORES are supporting!! NO WAY NO HOW! breeders?? I have yet to look educate myself on..

As a mother I am not going to bring up my kids to support Petstores and they will know the ugly truth, why not. I just read a hell of a lot today and wanted to share. This is a topic that needs to be brought up all the time for eveyone to see, so people that don't know (like i was) do know!!

As I was reading my husband was listening as well and it was making him sick that we bought from the Petstore. And it also brought me back to when we watched the cove.. I still have a broken heart from the movie. And the exstinct animals as well, these PETSTORE animals (mills "Rainbow mill") are OVER POPULATING and bred against there will poorly, treated poorly and transported poorly, when our time and effort can be going elsewhere like the ANIMALS that are EXSTINCT!! Sorry I'm going on and on..

Last edited:

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Thank you for posting this, bunnyguinea! I am so glad you have now seen and read what a lot of the rest of us have all seen and read, and I'm sorry that you had to do it. It's heartbreaking. Petstore practices are sickening and disgusting and I'm really glad you made the effort to research this for yourself. I'm even happier to hear that you will be passing this realization on to your children. If everyone did that, eventually this type of cruelty would stop.

Please be proud of yourself - you did a good thing! :)

bunnyguinea21

Cavy Slave
It was a very tough lesson and I really had a tough day and felt that weight on me and to top it off, I couldn't imagine my pets being treated that way and there's a really good chance they were. It breaks my heart to know that my bunny's mom's could have been forced to breed them.. Or my guinea pigs could have been put in a bin with 20 others and forced to cannibalism on a dead mouse or rat! It just tears me to pieces. I do not support cruelty to animals!
Thank you and thanks to this site :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.