Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Some people are so...

SheriMartini

Cavy Slave
Now, I understand that separating them will reverse any progress... but what if I take one out for lap time, and leave the other. How long can they be "separated" without doing any damage. I have a difficult time wrangling Puppy as it is, so holding both really isn't an option.

I haven't tried a bath yet, as I use bleach cleaner in the bathtub, and I am scared they will somehow ingest it and get sick. I swear, I am going to be a paranoid overprotective human mother, as I am already paranoid and overprotective of my piggy babies!

Perhaps I'll take some pictures so you guys can see what I mean about the "wall." It is kind of difficult to explain.

I am concerned, but optimistic, because although they seem to have a few scrapping matches, they do seem to stick close to each other. And there haven't been any full out brawls, which I would imagine would happen right off the bat if they were truly incompatible. I hope with some time, and maybe once they get a bit older they will grow even closer.

Last edited:

new piggie

Cavy Slave
I am going to try going over there a couple times a week to keep Manda company, so if I see the cages are dirty, I will personally clean them.

I think under the circumstances this is a good idea. All of us are certainly dedicated to the welfare of the piggies, but if you have never had any depression it is hard to conceive what she may be going through at this point. I think that you going in and cleaning the cages may be a doorway of opening up her mind after she comes out of the depression. Hopefully you going in and helping her will be the support she needs to get on the right path. Good luck.

new piggie

Cavy Slave
I think under the circumstances this is a good idea. All of us are certainly dedicated to the welfare of the piggies, but if you have never had any depression it is hard to conceive what she may be going through at this point. I think that you going in and cleaning the cages may be a doorway of opening up her mind after she comes out of the depression. Hopefully you going in and helping her will be the support she needs to get on the right path. Good luck.

I probably should have gone to the last of the posts before posting this (my quote). Good job on taking in the new piggie Sheri!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.