Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog So Nervous

Blog entry from old forum

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
It was funny reading my first blog about being nervous with Mocha, but I'm about 100% more nervous this time. Especially since I can feel them moving like crazy, and she's huge!

I'm so scared for her. I hope she has a safe delivery. I really don't know how old she is, so I'm really going to be keeping a close eye. I'm going to be having her sleep next to my bed so I can hopefully hear if anything starts happening. If I have to rush her to the vet I will, hopefully things won't have to go that far. If I catch her, I plan to video it. I'll be sure to post lots and lots of photos of babies if all goes smoothly.

The other thing I'm worried about is potentially losing a baby or something. She is big. She weighed 3.5lbs, and Mocha is only a little over 1. I could feel at least two, and I'm thinking more. I hope there aren't *that* many though. It would be great if there was just one baby because I could just keep them all, but there is definately more than just one.

I have never had a pregnant anything in my life, so maybe my nerves are from that. But I just feel so much responsability to make sure everything goes smoothy. I know I'd be devistated if anything happened to mom or babies.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I hope everything goes well. *hugs* to you and the mom-to-be

Cinpepmeg

Cavy Slave
I don't know much about pregnancies as I have never had a pregnant piggie before so I am not much help! All I can say is good luck! I hope everything goes well and you are gifted with a healthy mommy and healty babies!

MaryGoodnight

Cavy Slave
Same boat but my pigs are younger. It's not a lot of fun to think about what could go wrong but Mocha's really lucky to have you there, just in case. I'll be thinking lots of 'small litter' thoughts for you.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Thanks all for the well wishes, all I can do is hope for the best at this point. I havn't even contacted the family I got her from yet. They were *sure* that she wasn't pregnant since they seperated the male (into the cat crate :( )

Mary - Isn't it nerve wracking thinking of everything that can go wrong? Mocha is actually my first guinea pig who is not pregnant. I've had her now for I think about 4-5mo without checking. The ones I got last week on Wed, one of them, the female is the one that's pregnant. But when I first got Mocha (from another craiglister,) I thought she was pregnant. So, I know she's not. I really thought she was because she was young and getting big so fast, but I think it was just her growing normally with me being paranoid lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.