Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So Much Fun Watching Mufasa Learn

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm having so much fun watching Mufasa learn new things and adjust to our household. It's almost like having a kid around the house. He enjoyed lap time almost from day one (I always hold him with a towel, so maybe it makes him feel secure), but with floor time he initially hid or just sat there.

Today, for the very first time, he ran and played and visibly enjoyed his floor time. He zipped from my husband to me (we were both sitting on the floor), ran through his tunnels, and just generally had a blast. No popcorning, but hopefully that's coming soon.

He's also just starting to associate me/my hands with food and goodies. He started running over to check out my hands when I put them in the cage yesterday, and today I held a veggie and he was right there making contented little noises when he discovered the goodie. I'm so happy he's settling in and really feeling like a loved member of our family.

That's so adorable! I'm glad he's doing so well and coming out of his shell so nicely. :love:

That is wonderful to hear!!!!

He's learning little games to play with me now. For example, he has one of those big "hay" tunnels/hidey spots. I put two cat balls in there, and he either runs in and pushes them out with his nose or rolls the tunnel until they come out. Then I replace them and we repeat the process. He absolutely loves rolling things around his cage and climbing on whatever he can.

We had another first today. For the first time, he actually came out to greet me in the morning when he heard me by his cage. In the past, he was always in his hiding spot under the platform and ramp. Now he's gotten the idea that Mommy = good things.

It is so cool that he's learning so fast. I'm glad you are having fun. Please keep posting, you're giving me ideas for tamingmy girls!

So glad to be giving you ideas! I think I lucked into a really sociable piggy. That, combined with lots of positive interaction, is working out well.

Today during floor time I let him go into the bedroom for the first time, and he went crazy on the plush carpeting. That's the softest flooring he's ever been on, and he loved it so much. I then put him on my felt blanket, thinking I could switch to felt in his cage if he reacted the same way, but nope. He just likes the carpet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.