Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

so i cant find any guinea pigs

Loveheart

Cavy Slave
i already have one who is pregnant but im just looking around on petfinder and it seems all guinea pigs in WI is 3hrs away from me and my husband hates driving that far and i cant drive so would it be okay to get guinea pigs from a pet shop then?? thing is i think the pet shop near us sells them for like 35dollars or so is that a normal price for a guinea pig as i got mine for 5dollars

Why in the world do you want to buy a guinea pig when you have a pregnant guinea pig? You have no clue how many more guinea pigs you're going to have to care for shortly or what sex they are.....

yeah i know im waiting till she has them but i just wanted to ask if its okay just to go to a pet store if i cant find any or get to any in a rescue place from what i can judge she wont have alot anyways maybe 3 at the most,

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Guinea Pigs are 30 dollars in my pet stores. I advise not to get any pets from any stores, getting them from people or rescues is much much better! You probably shouldn't get anymore piggies anyways since your piggy is pregnant.

I think you should hold off on getting any more piggs until she has her babies. They will come soon enough!

yeah i will hold off till she has her babies i dont think she will have alot as her tummy is very small and my previous guinea pigs had bigger tummys and they had3-4

"yeah i will hold off till she has her babies i dont think she will have alot as her tummy is very small and my previous guinea pigs had bigger tummys and they had3-4"

you never can tell. sometimes they look small and have 4.. sometimes they look huge and have 2.. One time I had a guinea pig who I was guessing would have 3-4 and only looked big enough for 3 give birth to 6. I've also had 7 once and 5 a few times. Unless it is a very young barely of age guinea pig the numbers are pretty random. But the ones that get pregnant before they are really old enough usually do only have 1-2. Right now I have 2 pregnant rescues.. 1 is only about 2months old and probably will only have 2 the other I have no idea.. I could get 5-7 lol

I have had two accidental litters, the one momma was huge, but only had 1 baby.
Thats very awesome that you rescue!

i bought my GP from a flea market and they said she was pregnant, but shes like really round now but i dont feel movement in it and i dont really feel anything in there like i did with my last 2 gp's could it mean shes not pregnant??

It could just mean that she isnt far enough along to feel them moving.

okie i hope so i just worry to much, oh also i was wondering is celery ok to give to guinea pigs what about the leaves on the end too??

Last edited:
celery is ok especialy the leaves. Make sure you chop it up though so the dont have problems with the string.

ok kool i gave her some she made a squeeking sound :D shes a happy guinea pig

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
the petstore here seem like they take good care of there pets but i dunno if i want to chance it with the illness things and stuff

You have some coming already, and if the rescues are empty, you should wait. You're already getting more, so why not wait and see which kinds you have before getting yourself even more? Good luck with the babies!

yeah i wonder what color her babies will be shes all black aby but i dunno what her father was so that will be a mystery!

That's a cool surprise! How did she get pregnant, may I ask?

well i bought her from a flea market already pregnant she was in a small doggy crate cooped in the corner :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.