Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So has anyone got any snow yet?

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
No snow yet. We usually only get a very small amount around here if any. Temperate climate. A few years ago we got like 10 inches though. That was a lot for us hah!

Infinity

Cavy Slave
We got snow here in South Dakota just in time for Thanksgiving! :guilty: It snowed on and off after that, but we haven't had any more this week; it's all melted. I'll bet as soon as I get home (VA), I'll look at SD weather, and it'll say there's a blizzard.

I haven't asked my parents if I should expect snow when I come back. But then again, I very rarely see a white Christmas.

Not that I mind. I think that snow/ice/cold weather is the most terrible thing invented since butter pecan ice cream. :yuck:

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Proper snow! I'm so excited. We hardly got ANY last year and only one day the year before. Here's our car out on the street, sorry about the quality of the photo, my camera doesn't like the dark...

snow2008.jpg

I am SO going out to play in it tomorrow, even if I have to go out myself! Blooming typical, the year there's good snow cover for skiing up North is the year I'm pregnant. No fair! I'm so crap at skiing (but so enthusiastic) I've been banned by my doc. Oh well, maybe next year!

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Blooming typical, the year there's good snow cover for skiing up North is the year I'm pregnant.

I guess I missed a post or two! Congrats. And don't enjoy the snow too much, don't need you getting sick. And nice picture by the way.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Yes we have quite a bit of snow here in New England. I am near Boston and we had over 2' of snow on the ground at one point. We were so close to breaking a record! We missed it by .3''! But the past 2 days the temperatures have been fairly warm (40 degrees or so) and now there is only a few inches left in many areas.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Ugh! It was 72 degrees out yesterday, that just isnt right...its January, crazy midwest weather :melodrama . Right now its storming pretty bad, we have a tornado warning, perhaps I shouldn't be on the computer lol

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I hope you made it through those storms ok Jenni.

babybunny

Cavy Slave
I live in a town surrounded by beautiful mountains, so far the peaks had just been capped. Well this morning they were all white! I am hoping we can go up to the park (about 10 miles) to go play in some snow. :D

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Every January, the North East get almost 2-3 days of really warm air. Yesterday it was 60 degrees, and today, we broke a record of I think 67 degrees! It felt like May not January! Almost all of the snow is gone! (Well 75%) Grrr...

SusanneC

Cavy Slave
Here in Germany it`s freezing cold, but nearly no snow .- just 5 days this winter for so long. Last winter was the same. My dog is sad... he loves playing in the snow, but I think winter will stay very cold but dry.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I hope you made it through those storms ok Jenni.

Ya, I'm fine. There were no touch-downs in my area but there was a report of a funnel cloud just a few miles away. But down near Springfield/Branson/Lake of the Ozarks (MO) there were a few casualties from tornados, and in the Jeff. City area (according to the news) there was 1"-2" diameter hail, we didnt get any hail though just tons of lightning (and rain and thunder) and very strong winds.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
We have a mini snow shower last week, but hardly classed as anything major. Shame. :(

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
We are getting snow tomorrow night and a couple days next week! This will be our first measurable snow here in northeastern PA. There have been other storms in the past weeks, but it's been too warm, and the would-be snow turned to rain.

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
I had a bit around late December, but only an inch and a half. New Jersey used to have a balance of warm and hot, but now it is usually on the warmer side.

P.S. Your guinea pig is adorable ctinaw! I just wanna cuddle with him!

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
There is no snow left on the ground up here in Boston.
But great news!!
There is 15'' of snow coming my way in less then three hours!lol
SNOW DAY!!lol

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Ooh! It is 12/15/08. It is finally snowing! I put some bread out for the birdies even though we have to bird feeders around our yard. I like to watch the ones that are about the size of a light bulb come up and take it. Snow just makes it even cuter!

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Yes, we have snow here in Alaska where I live. We had snow for Christmas, and since then it has snowed off and on at different times. We may close to a foot or so, or more in some places. Our dog, Clifford just loves the snow. He loves to have someone take and dump snow on him. If we had a snowblower, that dog would be in heaven. He also loves to make snowballs and play with them like he was playing soccer.
I, myself like it okay. But with the temps changing off and on, when it snows, it tends to aggravate my arhritis. So the thought of having 70 degree weather is a real comfort to me.;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.