Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So has anyone got any snow yet?

Mommy Of One

Cavy Slave
Only a tad of snow actually stuck.
:( I am hoping for more now.
Wednesday and Friday it is suppose to snow a little.
Tonight we are decorating our Christmas tree. :) I love it.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I have not seen snow in Texas... ever. There was supposedly some here a few years ago..

We have had a little here in the Austin area the last couple of years. Not much to stick for too long, just long enough to get a picture. (Which must be on my computer at home because I couldn't find them in either photobucket or kodak.)

The year after I graduated high school I was living in El Paso. April 7 1983 we got 13 inches of snow, overnight! My friends and I were coming back from the movies and had lots of fun trying to get over the overpass

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It sleeted last night but it was like 36* so none of it stayed :(

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well we finally got the snow. We got about five inches of snow!! It's crazy. It has been snowing all day long and is still a little bit. I guess it is supposed to lead into the middle of tomorrow. There will possibly also be some rain which will make the roads horrible. Ya but now we have loads of snow...fun,fun.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Snow!! It's snowing here now lightly. It's been raining most of the day, though, so it's not lying yet.

Mommy Of One

Cavy Slave
We had a little snow yesturday.. Nothing sticked though.

rhonda_j1954

Cavy Slave
Today, here in Soldotna, Alaska, it has been snowing since this morning. So there is a good chance we will have an Alaskan white Christmas.:D

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
Woo Hoo, actual snow not just ice. We are supposed to get anywhere from 6" to 10" I can't wait, its starting to flurry now and when I was on my way home from stocking up on veggies incase we get snowed in (we problemly will be cause we live out really far), I just hope it stays for a while and that no one gets hurt, and that people have fun!!!!! I'm sure I will, we ahve the best hill around when it comes to sledding and people always come over to our house in the winter, last year I sledded into thorns :eek:

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
We got a few of snow this morning and it's supposed to snow all afternoon and we are supposed to get 4 inches or more. When I got up at 5am the street and my front yard were pure white. And my new puppy is enjoying the snow too! Although its hard snow so we can't make any good snow balls :( oh well.

luvmyboyz

Cavy Slave
We now have about 6 inches. It looks pretty, for now.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
We got...its hard to tell the drifts are very bad, on avg its about 6"-8" but in some spots its like 2"-4" and in others 10"+

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
We got an average of about 5 inches in our backyard. Some places in our neigborhood got less or more.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
We are actually in the middle of a snowsotrm right now. It's supposed to go through all day and some of tomorrow morning. Were supposed to be getting like 10-20 inches on top of what we already have. Snow Snow Snow!!!

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
We have so much snow. We are suppose to get 30-40 cm. We have shoveled 4 times already, and you can't see my driveway anymore. It is accumulating so fast, I took pictures. When we were shoveling, I sunk in the snow past my knees.

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
It snows here a few times a week. Sometimes it snows 8 inches and melts by 10:00am, sometimes it's 10 degrees for days and everything that falls instantly sticks.

I'm really tired of it.

I<3MyBabies

Cavy Slave
Can ya'll post some pictures??

I'm so jealous. Arizona has gotten snow a few times in the city but nothing to shake a stick at. It melts in a few hours or sits on the side of the road getting all melty and slushy and gross black! No, I don't ever get white Christmases but I would LOVE to see yours! I suppose I could drive 3 hours to Flagstaff and see some but I'd rather just share yours :)

Enjoy and keep those piggies warm!

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
We had a 2-3 footer last year in Denver that hung around forever. Of course I was out in it the morning after, with no coat and no proper shoes. I fail at weather.

I swear, I was the last person in that hospital except patients and essential staff. I basically slid home. No one was left on the roads by the time I left, where there had been huge traffic jams hours before.

This was my favorite one, taken out my window after I had safely escaped work. http://attrition.org/~squido/pics/06-12-21-blizzard/IMG_0153.JPG

It had that dead silent thing going on outside.

The same view the next morning. Those cars are on the street. Click the picture again to make it less annoying large.
http://attrition.org/~squido/pics/06-12-21-blizzard/IMG_0154.JPG

Yes, that's a car! Some people just gave up their cars until it melted. Album: IMG 0166

My building: Album: IMG 0160

Built in like 1905 but renovated inside. The snow fell at such angles it stuck nicely to all the branches and made really neat archs off the roof of my building.

The rest of them:

Album: 06-12-21-blizzard

Sorry they are huge! I had just gotten a new camera and hadn't adjusted any settings. I also really, really like pigeons, as you can see! Make sure to see the people snowboarding down the side of the history museum building.

Last edited:

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I got some really cute ones of my dog in the snow while we were shoveling, he loves the snow. I have never put pics on here before, I don't have photobucket, or what they use here. Is it easy to put them on here? Or could I email them to someone on here and they can put them up?

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
It's very cold here at the moment and it was icy this morning! Still no snow though, but I think it is maybe too cold for snow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.