Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So excited! Planted garden with "GP yummies"

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
I am so-o-o-o-o excited! I finished planting the garden yesterday, and this year I added a bunch of stuff for my boars. This will be the first summer I have had them, and I can't wait to feed them veggies that I grew myself! We made a new pumpkin patch this week (15'x10'), to make more room for the other veggies in the regular garden. The squash got kicked out as well. Too many things to plant for the boys!

This year I added extra green & red peppers, carrots and kohlrabi. For the Boys (and some for us) I planted spinach, mustard, dill, turnips, okra, beets, and of course lots of leaf lettuce and cilantro. I cannot wait for everything to grow and bring it in for the Boys. While I was out planting, I came across a dandelion plant. They use to disgust me, this time I smiled. I pulled the weed and brought the leaves in for the Boys. Holly cow did they go nuts for it!

Anyway, I just had to write and tell someone about how excited I was to plant veggies for my Boys. No one else I know has guineas and so they don't really seem to appreciate them. I think deep down they think I am a little nuts for how much I get into caring for my Boys. But I feel they are just as much part of the family as the rest of us!

I have no control over hwat goes in the garden, but I planted a large pot of four parsley plants and I also have cat grass growing in my room.

Sounds like your boys will be very happy!

That sounds SO great! Congrats on the cavy section of your garden. I have a big planter that I've been wanting to clean out, perhaps, I'll plant some bell peppers and cilantro in it!

Woohoo! I bet your going to have some very happy piggies! I've always wanted to grow my own vegi's but unless I build a fence my rabbits will eat them all.

I also planted my veggie garden a few weeks ago and almost ALL of it is for my piggie girls! I have three kinds of bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), cilantro, parsley, squash, watermelon, cantaloupe, kale, tomatoes, and strawberries! Of course they won't get much of the fruit but it's fun to grow anyway!

I wish I could do that. But I will just have to wait until next year. we will be moving and I have a place to garden for the piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.