Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play So are my girls fighting or are they just normal?

yuliya

Cavy Slave
Today I cleaned the girls cage out, and my kids played with the piggies in my daughters room so they could get some exersice. We set up the room with a circle of pillow to keep the girls from running under furniture and the bed. My daughter has a pretty low bed and its really hard to get under, so all of the pillows were sticking way out.

When I was done with the cage I went to the room to hang out and watch Midnight and Gracie play. They started to run up the pillows, jumping up about 6 inches on to the bed, and then leaping off the bed. Ofcourse when I saw this I freaked out but they were having a ball. After watching this for about 15 min. Midnight got tired, and came to me to sat on my lap (this was her first time coming to anyone, much less to be held). Gracie noticed this and ran up to me to sit with me also. This is pretty comman (Gracie is a cuddle bug), but it was weired how at first she was playing, and then she noticed Midnight getting attention, and she was right there begging for love.

Any way, after that I took both of the girls to the couch, and grab a blanket to cuddle with them (first time ever that midnight actually wanted to be held for longer then 5 min.) They were both making happy chitter chat noises, and Gracie was laying on her belly with her legs stretched out behind her. Midnight was really relaxed for once snuggling and barring her head into the blanket and my neck. It was so cute and nice for the very first time to see Midnight snuggle.

After a while they both fell alsleep and after about 20 min. I hear a loud shreak come out of Gracie. I had no idea what happened 2 min. later Midnight shreaks. Weird I thought. So I started to watch them and I see that there biting each other on the foot or leg back and forth while still being lovey to me.

So I have no idea why they are doing this. Is gracie jelouse? Are they teething? I know thats stupied since guinea pigs are always technicly teething, but maybe they go thought some kind of teething stage, cause they have been nibbling on me but very gently. I have no idea, what do you guys think?

[GuineaPigCages.com] So are my girls fighting or are they just normal?

[GuineaPigCages.com] So are my girls fighting or are they just normal?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.