Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Snow, Snow, and More Snow.

1 1/2 feet of snow in one day is a LOT! It's coming up on two years since we had the "Snowpocolypse" here in Illinois. We got 17 inches of snow during that storm which is only 1 inch more than you got. I was teaching at the time and school was cancelled for 2 1/2 days. My car got buried under the snow.
View attachment 40501
I was almost stuck on lake shore drive but my work let us suburbanites leave early! I miss it :)

I was almost stuck on lake shore drive but my work let us suburbanites leave early! I miss it :)

I saw Lake Shore Drive over that blizzard. You are lucky you got to leave early. People abandoned their cars.
[video=youtube;et0axOoiGs8]

Windchills here are supposed to be 20 below zero tomorrow.

Ugh you please keep the snow, I'm enjoying a relatively mild winter here! Syracuse is the snowiest city in the US almost every year and I don't like it one bit! I'm originally from near Mexico NY in Oswego county, this article was from my senior year of high school where we were buried. I lived in a trailer and we were trapped in the house, couldn't see past the window. We totaled Around 11 feet of snow within a week. Hard to imagine that much snow falling consecutively until youve been in it, but 11 feet is a lot!! After that especially, I've always despised snow. if your interested, https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/12/nyregion/12snow.html?_r=0

We're not getting snow where i am, i would prefer it lol we were getting the deep freeze. its -27 right now and feels like -34 with the wind. and its supposedly going to stay like that for this week.

I saw Lake Shore Drive over that blizzard. You are lucky you got to leave early. People abandoned their cars..

How did they get their cars out?

The one of the pine tree lined road is gorgeous. I'm very jealous of your beautiful snow!

I love that one, too! The glow of the lights is really beautiful.

It's back in the 80's here again...sigh...pretty sure last time I checked it was still winter

How did they get their cars out?

The day after the blizzard, it was sunny but very windy and bitterly cold. People went back to where they left their car to dig it out along with the city of Chicago that was working to salt the street and plow.

We're not getting snow where i am, i would prefer it lol we were getting the deep freeze. its -27 right now and feels like -34 with the wind. and its supposedly going to stay like that for this week.

Yeah, for those here in the states, -27 C would be around -16 F. -34 C would be around -29 F. We are in the deep freeze as well. It's currently 7 F here (-13 C) with a wind chill of -11F (-23C).

Here in the bald butt prairies it's been pretty snowy too. It hasn't snowed much the past few days, but it has been FREEZING! It's been in the -40 C range with the wind chill. My poor little dogs have barely been outside. I think I need to train them how to use the toilet.

-40c ?? really where the heck do you live??Whitehorse?? lol cuz where i live its still -25c

We are having a hard winter here in Austin TX, my son had to put on a jacket yesterday... yeah, I would not trade this for snow. ;-)

Snow, Snow, and More Snow.

I have been buried in snow before as well. I can remember a Christmas long past where a snow drift completely covered the large red barn on my father's property. The cars were buried, all the out buildings were buried, the only reason we could leave the house was by luck the door was on the opposite side from the wind. I was young so the year and amount is not something I remember.

That's just a mean picture.:eek:hmy:.. I mean NO SNOW, water that looks like I could jump into...lol

I know it's mean, but I'll be eating my "Texas weather is so awesome" words in May and June and July and August and September and... lol

-40c ?? really where the heck do you live??Whitehorse?? lol cuz where i live its still -25c

Well, -40s C with the windchill. Without the windchill it's been in the -30s C. I live in Manitoba, Canada.

Anything below -20 C my dogs refuse to go outside unless they really, really have to go to the bathroom. Usually I have to put slippers on them just to run outside, pee, and run back inside.

Well, -40s C with the windchill. Without the windchill it's been in the -30s C. I live in Manitoba, Canada.

Anything below -20 C my dogs refuse to go outside unless they really, really have to go to the bathroom. Usually I have to put slippers on them just to run outside, pee, and run back inside.

Haha ya oe of our dog has seziurs when its cold so she wears 2 coats i scarf and 4 boots when its only -15c lol

I grew up in Saskatchewan and I remember -50 C being a normal winter. Little snow and lots of wind. I'll take huge dumps of snow over that any day.

Holy Snow!!!!
What a winter wonderland! I hope you and your piggys stay cozy and warm :) My poor baby Angelfish are stuck up north in the breeder's house. I hope they'll be on their way home next Monday.

Toronto seemed to get a nasty bit of snow this morning - although it seems to be pretty much stuck in the downtown core. We're supposed to sit around -20 all week for some reason.

My hometown ended up getting 2-3 feet of snow in a night and now they're sitting at -65. I completely remember the days it got that cold while I lived there - I'm not a fan of TO, but I can kick it with these winters!

We're sitting at about -30 with the wind chill today. I'm staying inside with a blanket for sure tonight! My poor little dog doesn't like going outside either in the cold. His feet freeze instantly! My other dog is part Akita, and he never seems to feel the cold. Lucky guy with his thick double coat! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.