Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Snow Snow and More Snow..

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thought some of you that not get a changes to see snow would like to see pictures..This is the first big snow storm of this winter..28 cm (11inches) and still it's coming down.

IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Wow, 28 cm! It's been snowing here, too. I live in Manitoba and I'm kind of shocked at how this winter has been so far for us. I really love snow, though. It's so calming and makes everything look beautiful and clean. I do hate ice and cold and traffic accidents and being stuck inside. My poor dogs can't be outside long enough to do their potties :melodrama

KD006

Cavy Slave
Burr, well at least they have the roads plowed, last Feb we were supposed to get a 'dusting' and when I woke in the morning was 18" of wet snow down, power was off, the phone failed a few hours later and I discovered there were hundreds of broken utility poles, downed trees etc. Took 5 days to restore power, 6 to plow the roads and 7 for phone service to be restored. They had crews working round the clock and had to bring in poles and transformers by helicoptor the first few days.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
My 92 year old grandma is from Campbellford, Ontario and I remember seeing a picture where the snow was more then 10 feet high and it was almost tunnel like over the cleared road!

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
I remeber many many year ago when I opened the front door to find the about a foot deep up the door and we have 3 steps to get to the front door. The snow on the path was up to my waist..

KD006

Cavy Slave
As a kid going up through Nova Scotia we were all wondering why everyone had ladders permanantly fixed to the roofs, was for climbing up and removing snow, in 1977 in central NJ we got a storm and in the morning could not find my Honda 600 coup or a roomates Fiat 850 spider under the snow! The State borrowed snowblower attachments for their trucks and all the highways were piled 10 foot on either side was a thrill driving past an on ramp as you could see nothing comeing.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
How beautiful! No snow here just in the mountains.
Your first picture could be a Christmas card. Really beautiful.

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
I do love the snow! It was 80 degrees here today :)

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
I do love the snow! It was 80 degrees here today :)

Please tell me you are magic..So I'll wake up in the morning and you'll traded the snow for the 80. :D Then I can take then guineapig and put them on the grass. Which I know they miss very much..

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Hahaha @ RodentsRus :) I am not magic...just blessed with great weather! I'm from Montana though, so I do know 80 below zero (with wind chill). Happy to be in 80 above zero!

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Wow... I can't even imagine as much snow as you guys describe. I'm from southern california so no snow, ever. I moved to ohio though and today we got super high winds and like 4 inches (10cm) and I was like omg that's alot! haha

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
I live in BC and it just started snowing here too!

I always let my piggies try a taste of snow whenever we have it here. It's cute to watch them bite into the snowball and then figure out that it's water, but very cold!

LaurenB16

Cavy Slave
Haha it snowed here most of last night, we only got like 5 cm though, so it's not a big deal. Although it seems like the city has forgotten how to handle the snow i.e. salting the friggin sidewalks. I thought I was gonna die from slipping all the time!!

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
I always let my piggies try a taste of snow whenever we have it here. It's cute to watch them bite into the snowball and then figure out that it's water, but very cold!

I'll have to give it a try. I'm just not sure it's wet snow.

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
We got another snow storm today About 20 cm

IMG_1543.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

Delaine

Cavy Slave
It looks pretty much like that at our house. We have been getting a lot of snow lately also. I love the snow, but it is time for Spring. My two girls would love some fresh grass instead of store bought greens.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm sad :( It's been so nice here in Brandon, MB the past few weeks. Everything's melting and it really feels like spring. Now there's a snow warning :(
Oh well, at least the snow makes everything pretty!

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
it is time for Spring. My two girls would love some fresh grass instead of store bought greens.
My two girls would agree also. I do grown wheat grass thou..

mommazilla

Cavy Slave
beautiful! I'd do anything to have snow like that. I thought for sure we'd have much much more snow here in Idaho but honestly, we had more in stupid Oklahoma. (no offense to the Oklahoman people, I just thought the place we lived was the pit of hell)

Delaine

Cavy Slave
The past two Aprils we have gone south for a month. We even stayed in Mountain Home on the way down. We went as far as Sedona, Arizona. This year we had such a mild winter, and even had a green Christmas, which is unusual, so we didn't feel the need to leave Canada. Besides, I didn't want to leave my two piggies and made every excuse not to go. I don't know what I am going to do when my husband wants me to go away. I don't trust anyone with them. I guess I am just a little over protective.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.