Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Sneezing and Wheeking

arionat799

Cavy Slave
I'm concerned because I just got Ginger a couple days ago, and she seems to be sneezing. Should I take her to the vet? I need to get her checked out anyways don't I? (Because she's a new pig)

Also, I wanted to share that Ginger wheeked for the very first time last night!! I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and I had just given her some veggies and a new toy. I ran into my room and she was still going and I thought it was just the most precious thing! When she stopped I picked her up and cuddled her. Then this morning, as I was pouring her pellets, she started again! Aww...I just love being a piggy mommy!!!

I thought these 2 pics I got of her during lap-time where just too cute not too share! You may notice that one of them is my new avatar pic...:p

Aww...piggy lips!! ❤️

Sneezing and Wheeking

Now that's just adorable :tearsofjo

Sneezing and Wheeking

Yes you should bring her to the vet. I did that when I noticed my pig sneezing and my vet gave her antibiotic and a probiotic and said I caught it early as her lungs were clear and no discharge or other problems. After a week-two weeks she was fine. If you wait it could just develop more. How often is she sneezing and does it sound "wet" or more of a dry, light, sneeze? Plus like you said, she's new so a check up wouldn't hurt (except your wallet that is)- I know all about that. Lol good luck with your new baby, she is very cute!

Yes you should bring her to the vet. I did that when I noticed my pig sneezing and my vet gave her antibiotic and a probiotic and said I caught it early as her lungs were clear and no discharge or other problems. After a week-two weeks she was fine. If you wait it could just develop more. How often is she sneezing and does it sound "wet" or more of a dry, light, sneeze? Plus like you said, she's new so a check up wouldn't hurt (except your wallet that is)- I know all about that. Lol good luck with your new baby, she is very cute!

Ok I will take her as soon as possible! Thanks for the help and well...i'm not exactly sure what it sounds like wet i think...thanks for the luck and I know she's cute! :D hahaha

Ditto, about the vet. I would rather pay a vet bill for being overly cautious then have my piggies get sick, besides my vet adores the boys and enjoys hearing all about their antics! Those pictures are just so cute, I love the piggy lip one the most but Ginger is beautiful in all of them!

She is very cute, let us know what the vet says.

Thanks guys! I will call the vet tomorrow.

I told my Dad that we need to take Ginger to the vet, but he keeps putting it off. I noticed that it's calmed down a bit, and someone told me that all guinea pigs sneeze....of course I trust you guys more but has anyone else heard this? How do I let my Dad know that we need to take her before it gets too serious??

about the sneezing thing my piggie moo moo used to do that too when i first got her but after two months and a different brand of hay she stopped doing it. Now with your dad give him so info and state why she needs to go and tell him it's better to do it now then later when the bill will be even higher if something goes wrong. (which i hope it wont)

I have two pigs and one of them sneezes a few times a day and nothing is wrong with them. It is a dry sneezes so I know there isn't anything wrong with him most likely and it must be hay dust or something as my last large bag of hay was not as good as my other ones. The bag is almost used up as it takes me well over a month to use up.

I meant to add that I said it sounded wet but it actually does sound dry (i listened to it when I got home that day)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.