Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sneezeing?

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
Does anyone elses pigs sneeze? Mine does, is that okay?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Noticing it more than four/five times in a day and I would suspect a problem and get it to the vet.

BTW this should be in the Cavy Chat section.

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
Noticing it more than four/five times in a day and I would suspect a problem and get it to the vet.
BTW this should be in the Cavy Chat section.

She sneezes nomally four to five times a day that I can tell, how serious is it?
(sorry!)

TurboPiggy

Cavy Slave
My pig sneezed a lot when we first got him, but we were also using carefresh for bedding. It's pretty "linty" so I think thats what was tickling his nose. He doesn't sneeze nearly as often now that he's on fleece. What kind of bedding do you use?

pennick

Cavy Slave
One of my girls has been sneezing a couple of times each day. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. She is fine in every way. All of a sudden it stopped as of yesterday. Who knows why, just keep a close eye on him. make sure he is fine in every other way.

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
TurboPiggy said:
My pig sneezed a lot when we first got him, but we were also using carefresh for bedding. It's pretty "linty" so I think thats what was tickling his nose. He doesn't sneeze nearly as often now that he's on fleece. What kind of bedding do you use?

I use critter care from Wal-mart but so does my best friend and I don't think her pigs sneeze. Maybe I should get her looked at just in case!?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I hope you are weighing weekly. Has there been a loss of three or more ounces?

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
I hope you are weighing weekly. Has there been a loss of three or more ounces?
No she just seems to be gaining weight she weighs about three pounds

monkan

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

My guinea sneezes as well, sometimes a few times a day to none, I think as long as there isnt seem to be anything else thats seems to be wrong I dont think you have to worry.... Mine also coughs sometimes but I think its because he loves his food (on a diet at the mom) and is very hasty to eat it as fast as poss, depsite he is on his own and nobody is there to take the food away from him...

I regulary check my guinea to make sure he is all ok, his ears, coat, skin and eyes. And his general wellbeing.. He has had an eye infection twice but nothing to big and he was given eye drops by the vet and it cleared up. He allergic to something in the house, I guess its the carpet...But he is fine now..

Monkan

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs should not really be on a diet. You should limit the amount of pellets they get to 1/8 cup a day if they are overweight, but don't skimp on the veggies.

bee1101

Cavy Slave
Humans sneeze and are different shapes and sizes, so are guinea's ! Don't worry about them. The best way to spot if something is wrong, is to watch their behaviour, if you know them really well, you'll be able to tell if something isn't quite right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.