Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Videos Smores had babies yesterday....come see cutie babies!

ChristieB

Cavy Slave
I have not been on in a while but we have been anxiously waiting for Smores to have her babies and after SO many long weeks, she finally gave birth to SIX very healthy little babies. We have 2 PEWS, one grey and white (just like daddy), 2 orange and black ripple looking ones (one has a hazy eye and is going to see our cavy vet today) and one is orange and white. That little one is our super squeaker. No clue how many boys vs. girls...so hard to tell when they are so tiny. Mama is doing AMAZING, very attentive and loving....she does get frustrated sometimes when all she wants to do is eat. Someone always wants to be under her, but beyond that, she is a terrific mama. This was not an on purpose litter as we thought we had 2 females piggies, so the male has been seperated and will either be getting a male baby cagemate or will be fixed so we are enjoying our one and only cute half dozen cuddle cup crew (what my husband calls them) Here are 2 videos of our one day old babies.
[video=youtube;_xqAzdpUSVw]

This one you want sound....this is our little super noisy one....cracks me up!
[video=youtube;U6W7AQ769_A]

:crackup: Little babies are so adorable, wow six babies I know even tho it wasnt a planned litter omg how fun it must be to have them.

So cute! I love the little wheeker! :)

Awww! I want the grey one!

OH MY THE WHEEK! they are sooo cute. Glad everything went well.

So cute!!!!

So cute! I can't wait till charlie has hers! Do you know at all how many she was going to have? I have no idea how many for mine. Do you have pics of her pregnancy?

OMG they are so cute! Mommy pig has her hands full :D

I had no clue how many she was going to have. I figured as a first time (only time!!) mama she would have 1-3. I NEVER expected 6! Here are a couple of pictures of her 2 1/2 weeks before she had the babies. At this point you could see the movement from the outside, feel limbs, backs, etc... and I kept thinking I was seeing signs of labor. Nope....babies will come when they are ready.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Smores had babies yesterday....come see cutie babies![GuineaPigCages.com] Smores had babies yesterday....come see cutie babies!

mama does have her hands full. I did pick up the one I thought might be blind in one eye and he for sure is. He stays close to mama's side and she takes that little one off and does special one on one nursing sessions. He still gets around perfect though. We plan on keeping 2 and we already have good homes for the others. I am hoping I can pair them off so long as they are same sex. I hope the little one eyed blind one is a girls so we can keep that one with mama. Daddy has yet to meet babies. We are going to craft up something for their floor time pen so that the babies cannot get to daddy but he can see and smell them and do a slow introduction. We seperated him and had to put him in a smaller cage. Looks like now we will need one giant cage after he is fixed, or 2...one for boys and one for girls. haven't decided yet.

@Petluvr you're talking about the different shades of grey piggy, right? I'll fight ya for him! He's so adorable. I also like the little tricolored one (by the hay in the second video). The one that looks like Mom looks good too, though. :D

You know, so many pets change between babyhood to adulthood. Piggies don't. The little ones just look like the great big ones. They're all so cute!

I'm not really ready for piggies yet, but really wish I were. I just keep planning and saving and I know I'll get there. Hubby's working on improving his work situation. But so glad you found good homes for them all. Glad that you had a successful pregnancy! God bless the other momma and her off spring.

*continues drooling over the grey piggy*

Critter and petluvr if i was closer i would fight you both!!!!!And i was going to win because i take karate lessons!!!
Cograts christie!!You are a grandmam now!!!

ha ha ....the little grey and white one looks JUST like his daddy. Daddy's name is Squeaks so we named him Pip (get it....Pip Squeak).

I was worried that the white and pink eyed ones might be lethals, but they have great teeth, eat hay and veggies, are not blind or deaf so I think we are good. Vet will let us know 100% for sure tomorrow but I think the only issue (that we can see) is the one with the little blind eye but he is still doing great and mama gives him/her extra love.

Awhhhh they are adorable! I'm glad the birth went well it is a bit sad that one of them is blind :( but I'm sure he'll get by fine.

he is only blind in one eye so he still gets around real well

Awhhhh they are adorable! I'm glad the birth went well it is a bit sad that one of them is blind :( but I'm sure he'll get by fine.

he/she is only blind on one eye...the other is fine so they still get around real well and has no problem navigating his/her surroundings.

omg they are all so sweet. congrats on the babys.. If my kids ginnie had baby's I don't think I could get rid of any..:)

Wow! Skittles is rich! Want to share some of that wealth with the less fortunate wanna be piggy owners (like me)? LOL.

I'd probably find most of them (if not all of them) good homes. As much as I'd like to keep them all, no way would we ever be able to afford having that many.

Awwww! They are so cute! :D I'll take both of the black and tan ones please! xD

I just played the video while sitting with my piggies and they went nuts. So adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.