Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Slowly opening up, discovering hay and more

Blog entry from old forum

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
My big boy discovered hay apparently. He didnt look too sure about it but when I offered it from hand he started munching on it. I realised he doesnt know how to drink from a bottle so I gave him a bowl. But he had a bottle at shelter so he might be a bit dehydrated.
I heard him last night getting out and eating more hay. And before I went to bed, he came out and walked around, talking a bit! Made me happy.
He had veggies this morning, but he seemed to know only about romaine lettuce and raddichio. He tried the cilantro, green pepper and tomatoes. Then decided he doesnt like tomatoes. I left the pepper in his house as he didnt eat it, and when I was back later it had disappeared :D
He passes most of his time in the hidey, but comes out a bit when I offer hay from hand. He snuggles comfortably in my hands when I took him out. I plan to brush his long fur tonight and examine him more while doing so. He's very calm. But still unsure about his surroundings. I feel bad he has to be in a closed room and I try to go see him often. It's hard to wait the 3 weeks of quarantine and I start being anxious about the introduction.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.