Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Sleeping Area Question

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I've got Mufasa on Carefresh; I've given him playtime on a felt blanket but he's not keen on it, so I haven't switched over his cage. He always sleeps in the exact same spot, which is where he makes the majority of his poops and pees. He has a second floor, and there's a wall that extends down and makes him a little "house," and he always sleeps inside that, in the corner.

I scoop out that spot every morning and add fresh bedding to make sure he's comfy and not sleeping on waste. However, I'm wondering, even if the whole cage isn't fleece, would it be a good idea to give him a piece of material in there? With the way the shelf/"house" is set up, that would be very easy to do. Seems like it might be softer for sleeping, as well as cleaner if I change out the felt.

I'm not sure if he'd like the material, since he preferred the floor to my felt blanket very decidedly, but maybe it would be different for sleep time. I'd love to know what you experience piggy owners think.

You can add fleece there but I think he is fine. MY pigs sleep in igloos and that is where they poop. I spot clean it twice a day so it doesn't smell. I have tried putting fleece there, but is was just draged out.

Try it and see if he likes it. Sorry if I am giving you a mixed answer. :)

That actually makes sense! Guess it boils down to the fact that he probably won't like it, but doesn't hurt to try. And who knows, maybe the little booger will surprise me and love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.