Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Sleep Schedules and Health

mythoughtsandi

Cavy Slave
Howdy Everyone. I have this question that could seem fairly unusual. Being the college student that I am I have to pull all-nights occasionally. I generally stay in my living room with the lights on. Tonight my two girls were pretty much up all night with me and it made me wonder if my all-nighters could have some adverse health effect on them?

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry if I were you! I'm also in college and often stay up to ridiculous hours. My piggies seem to fall asleep when they want regardless of the day, but if you're having worries because of the light affecting their circadian rhythm, make sure they have hideys that provide some kind of cover.. But honestly, I doubt heavily that the occasional night of frantic cramming will bother them. Mine just nap a lot the next day when I stay up all night :)

Guinea pigs sleep in small spurts of around 20 minutes at a time, and are usually most active at dusk & dawn, although there are many who go nuts at night. Chances are they've both slept enough, you just didn't notice.

Thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be constantly bothering them

My girls are '40 minutes on/40 minutes off' sort of pigs. They do not care what I am up to, so long as I respond when they talk at me :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.