Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Skinny pig/carrier wanted in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzygirl66

Cavy Slave
I am looking to adopt one or two blue eyed skinnys and/or carriers.

May I ask why you are looking for carriers? Do you intend to breed? This site is against breeding.

The skinnys and skinny carriers that I have been around are more friendlier and social than the normal haired Piggy's I have been around. I would prefer to get a hairless piggy and a haired carrier piggy sisters so they can snuggle together. But I really want a blue eyed piggy, I love blue eyed animals. I already have a mini dachshund and a cat with blue eyes.

Oh, okay then......
I just read on your profile under the about me tab where it says "I breed skinny pigs in Michigan".
Please don't breed!
Breeding Guinea Pigs

Last edited:
seems iffy to me.

This is a anti breeding site, pro rescue.

I don't think anyone will be willing to help you.

I sometimes breed. I only do if enough people come to me requesting one so that the whole litter will have homes before they are born, people find out by word of mouth, I don't advertise them. I only advertise the rescue Piggy's I sometimes take in to find new homes for, and they all have been normal haired Piggy's. I tell every person that gets a piggy from me that if they can no longer care for it they can bring it back to me.

What about pregnancy and delivery complications for the mom and pups? I understand that you are trying to do the responsible thing when you do breed, but NOT breeding is the responsible thing to do. Too many risky complications. Plus, there are many lovely pigs that need to be adopted. When people come to you requesting babies, why not help them find piggies from a shelter or rescue? That way lives are being saved and more piggies can be taken in by a rescue or shelter.
If you are wanting a skinny pig for a pet, we would be glad to help you find any in your area. If you do intend to breed, then I ask that you please respect this site and seek help elsewhere.

Sorry, Jazzy. As a breeder, you don't get to solicit for more pigs here. I'm closing the thread. It will be removed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.