Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Skiddish pigs

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Two of my piggies Sally and Rosie will never let me hold them. Thye flip and flop around until I put them down. I have actually dropped Sally once before because she flipped right out of my hands. I have tried everything from holding them in my lap for over 20 minutes at a time to letting them smell me before I go to pick them up. I simply do not know what to do anymore! Someone help me to bond with my guineas!

AJismypiggy

Cavy Slave
I would just stay calm, and talk softly. I would maybe start by holding the piggie 5 mins then 10 minutes the next day then keep adding 5 minutes every day. Also, try feeding them veggies while they are sitting on your lap.. bribes go along way. Sorry if I haven't helped much.

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
One of my girl's used to be like that. What I did was cover them with a fleece throw while she was on my lap and after about a week, she didn't mind anymore and actually looks forward to lap time.

Steven

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the tips, i'll try that!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Mine tends to get a little fiesty sometimes when I am holding her too. What I would do is make sure you hold her real close to you with both hands so she feels safe and comfortable. Also try not to walk around too much when holding her, this can freak them out as guineas tend to be afraid of heights.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Do you also think this could have been because they were pregnant, Sally had her babies but Rosie miscarried and every since then they have not been right with me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.