Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
My bonded pair have outgrown their 2x6 cage. They need more width.
I have figured out a way to expand in a very small space but I have some questions on the best way to utilize the coroplast I already have.

I currently have 2 pieces of coroplast - a 2x4 section and a 2x6 section.
Below is a little diagram of what I want to do with the cage design. The green is for my bonded pair and the blue is for my piggie who lives alone. They cages are connected and separated by 2 grids. Each x represents a grid.

XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXX
XX
XX
XX
XX

What would be the best way to create this new cage design with the current pieces of coroplast I have? How much more do you think I would need? I have plenty of grids

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just realized that the formatting shifting on my "x". All the blue should lined up on the right hand side.

Cage suggestions - bonded boars behaving badly

Below are pics of the new cage set up.
George and Patch are in a 3x5. Charlie in a 3x2.

George and Patch as still at each other.
Concerned now because I have noticed them "huffing" at each other. This has continued to escalate. I have made their cage as large as I can and still have Charlie in the room with them in an adjoining cage.

I had to take out the cuddle cups because they seem to want to fight over them. I took out some of the toys so there would be nothing in the way if one needed to run from the other quickly.

I have 2 water bottles, 2 food bowls, 3 hay areas, and I feed them their veggies on the fleece. I have a fleece forest area at the end of the cage that allows them to have their own corner.

But if Patch is at one dish, George wants that dish even though the other one is perfectly fine and available.

For those of you with boars, please offer any suggestions on how I can improve my cage to improve how my boys get along with each other.

Charlie's cuddle cups are in the laundry, but if you can think of anything else for his cage, I would appreciate it.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have[GuineaPigCages.com] Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have[GuineaPigCages.com] Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have[GuineaPigCages.com] Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have[GuineaPigCages.com] Size questions - best way to utilize what I already have

Your cage is very very nice. Your guys should have enough room. Is there any blood drawn or are they just bickering at each other. If there is bloodshed seperate them, if not they should work it out. Sounds like George is the more dominate one.
On the home page on the left hand side is Awesome info, click on Cavy Spirit. One the Cavy Spirit site on the left hand side is social life. That section is all on getting pigs introduced to each other. That section should help and give you many suggestions on how to help your boys get along.
A question, How old are the two boys? If they are about 7 months they could be going thru puberty. Many guys fight during this time and when they grow out of it can live very nicely together again. Good luck with your two and keep us posted as how it is going.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.