Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Singing/purring/rumbling in the middle of the night

betty

Cavy Slave
I woke up in the middle of night and heard Truffle make the strangest sound, I have never heard it before.

It sounded like a rumble/purr, but fairly loud and long - several minutes at a time.

I checked in on the pigs and she was just hanging out and looked totally relaxed. Molly was on the other side of the cage sleeping.

After I went back to bed I heard Truffle starting up again, almost as if she was singing to the moon.

Any ideas ???

Are you sure it wasn't chirping? Have you heard guinea pigs chirp before?

@foggycreekcavy It probably wasn't chirping though because she described it as a purring/rumble noise. My male pig does this sometimes to my female pigs, but I know that's because he wants to impress the ladies ;). Possibly Molly went over to Truffle, so she started making the noise. Hope I helped!

Thanks for the chirping clip, but that was definately not the sound. I was more of a humming sound, very hard to explain. I am going record it next time. : )

Maybe she was just singing to the moon. I think Kwee is a werepig anyway; she likes to take huge chunks of flesh out of people. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.