Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Simple Hay Rack Ideas

scampers99

Cavy Slave
Hi! I was wondering if anybody has any good ideas for some hay racks. I want to make one where it is 1 grid bent into a u shape, then stood upright and then it's cable tied to the grids. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

I use old boxes and cut slits in the front and sides and then clip it to the 10" walls of my "kitchen" I like this way cause its effective and disposable.

However peeps, I am not opposed to also hearing more! I love hearing new ideas! :cheerful:

I have tried to bend grids.. And with trial and error.. I've learned to heat them up in a low temp oven and they bend a LOT easier! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with :) [GuineaPigCages.com] Simple Hay Rack Ideas

I have a bent grad placed horizontally in a "V" shape in one of my cages. I like it better than the shower caddy and utensil holder I experimented with. I also like that I can fit a lot in at once and it's easy to refill.

I don't have it in my other cage because they are younger pigs. I've heard some stories about heads getting stuck in them. Yikes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.