Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Silent piggie?

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have a piggie who makes NO noises, whatsoever?

Mama hasn't made a sound since I adopted her. Not a peep. She watches me all the time in her cage, doesn't mind being held at all. Comes to the front for her veggies.

Now, the others ALL sound off when I come home, when I open the fridge, when a bag rustles.... you name it.

She isn't in the big C & C cage yet, she had lice when I brought her home - ugh - :yuck: and it's only been two-three weeks. Hopefully once she gets into the big space with friends she'll warm up, but I'm not sure. The people gave her away because she was fighting with the others. :(

Maybe she lets the others speak for her? :)

Seriously, my Poppy is rather quiet. He does Wheek but I can barely hear him.

I've got one that only chirps, but doesn't wheek except VERY occasionally. And when she does, it's just one wheek, exceedingly loud. I figure she's saying, "Get the blankety-blank food in here already, woman!"

Borat is a relatively quiet pig. He never made any noise at all until we got Amy, who uses anything as an excuse to wheek or make little noises. He joins in with her once in a while now, although it's still fairly rare. I know he can wheek at the top of his lungs when he wants to, though, as he does it when my husband catches him to give him his Baytril.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.