Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puberty Signs of Puberty?

Katie..

Cavy Slave
My boar Darth Vader will be turning 6 months old next month and I'm wondering what the signs where for him hitting puberty.
His cage mate, Lando, is only 2 months old and want to make sure there is no dominance issue. Vader seems to be the dominate one already.
Ever since I introduced them Vader has been rumblestrutting and having the hair on the back of his neck raised. He doesn't raise his head or try to nip.
Today was the first change. He nipped Lando out of what seemed annoyance, because Lando follows him everywhere.
I love pics with questions so I hope you do too!
[GuineaPigCages.com] Signs of Puberty?

Great pic!! Love the names :) I have no clue about the puberty thing but here's a bump :)

I'd be interested in what to expect from boars in puberty as Snowy is about the same age as your Vader

You aren't going to be able "to make sure" that dominance issues don't happen-- They will.

Just look for more signs of dominant behavior, such as rumblestrutting more than usually and mounting.

But, unless there is blood drawn, do not intervene. They will work it out.

Good luck!

;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.