Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Signs of happy piggies?!

mommykingx3

Cavy Slave
What are some signs and behaviors of happy healthy girls. It has been about a month since I moved them. I just need to know if what they are doing is normal. I guess give me some ideas of normal behavior. I will answer any question.

Hmm. I think I know my pigs are happy when they run around a lot, greet me in the morning (only because they know it's pellet time), and aren't afriad to plop down anywhere in their cage for a good nap.

Health-wise, there's a Guinea Lynx page called "what's normal?" https://www.guinealynx.info/normal.html

I think it would be easier if you told us what they are doing and we can tell you if it's "normal" behavior.

Popcorning is always a good sign of a joyful, happy pig.

Walking around, exploring with a "chut chut" curious noise.

Running to the edge of the cage when you approach to see what goodies you have for them.

Following each other around, sleeping near each other.

They are doing most of that. They becoming less nervous when we are in the room. For instance, tonight during dinner time (after I put kids to bed) when they got eating and I heard them
Running around, my husband and I put a Pringles tube with the end cut off in there. An they were so curious tasting it, going through it and jumping around it. While chucking at each other. And we were standing right there laughing at them. As long as we didn't make any sudden moves they didn't hide. Used too they wouldn't even come out if we were in there. And if I am late
For breakfast or dinner I hear about it.
And when we do cuddle time (separately they prefer) they stretch out and purr? And lick
Me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.