Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Stones Signs of Bladder Stones?

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Hi
I was reading Guinea Lynx and was looking at bladder stones. I found these signs:
Signs of Stones:

dt.gif
Blood in urine
dt.gif
Squeaking while urinating
dt.gif
Squeaking while passing fecal pellets

My guinea pig Tilly doesn't have blood in urine but she wimpers a lot. I don't know if its when she is going toilet though.
Most of the time when she goes the pee, it is white. I forgot to check the last time to see if it was smooth or grity because it only came to me now that she could have a bladder stone.
One of her eyes is runny.
Should I put her in a tempory cage with dark fleece, to see what her urine is like?And to check how much she is drinking and eating?
Does anybody know what it could be? I am bringing her to the vet after school.
She is still acting the same. She is seven months old. She weighs 300 grams. The last time I weighed her ( two days ago ) she was 310 grams.

Thanks.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Also it says on Guinea Lynx that stones seem to run in the family.I don't know anything about Tilly and Alices mam except that she came from a pet shop.
Are stones common in pet shop pigs?

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Also her coat is sometimes puffed up the last few days? That a sign of URI,right? And I do hear one of them sneezing sometimes. I really have to the vet tomorrow.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Hi
Should I put her in a tempory cage with dark fleece, to see what her urine is like?And to check how much she is drinking and eating?

You would want to put her on light fleece so that you could look for blood. I have a pig who has had stones issues and he was wheeking while peeing/pooing as well as there was blood on the fleece.

He recently had a UTI, wich was found out then there was a small amoount of blood on the fleece and he looked uncomfortable.

Let us know how it goes!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Thanks louie_joey.
I put her in a 2x2 ( I don't have any more extra grids ). Will have to wait and see now. Poor Tilly, she keeps chewing the grids, wondering where the others have gone.
But she seems very happy about her own hay rack!

Edit: She went a tiny pee but it was normal and a bit of white in it.
Maybe I'm just worring too much but I'm still bringing her to the vet.

Last edited:

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Ok I was looking on Guinea Lynx on Pain:
Signs of Pain:
Grinding teeth (different from chattering, a slow steady grind of the molars)

Shivers or quivers, can sometimes see rippling along the body
Sits hunched, with hair spiky
Whimpers

That is all the stuff , that Tilly has.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.