Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Show Off Your Other Furry Babies!!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Susan, after I had already posted a response about you putting your hubby's pic w/ your animals, I was looking at the pic again, and realized.... is his hand up a hippo statues' hiney? LOL!! Can't believe I didn't notice that the first time. lol

ortal

Cavy Slave
I dont have any pictures to share, my guinea pigs are my only pets (wait till I have a house, all bets are off), but Iwanted to share that I originally got my first 2 guinea pigs to help fill the deep void I felt when my daughter was at her dads house. She's at preschool and I am fine, but when it is his time with her, I feel very empty and helpless, as I have no control. I 'gave them to my boyfriend for our anniversary', but we both knew that they were for me. I was out of a job for a few weeks, and sitting alone at home without Annabella just killed me. My little cavys gave me someone to look after, someone to love, someone to distract me. And my fascination and love for them grew more and more, now we have 5 all together. I was never able to have what I consider a 'real' pet, save fish and a dog that ran away after 1 month when I was very young, and now I have my own place, its tough not to get carried away. I really need to stop getting new additions. My parents think it's weird, how I struggle with myself and money, no matter how much I work, but my guinea pigs, just like my daughter, have the very best of everything. They gave me a 'look' when I told them how much the neuter cost.

anywho, enough of my ramblings. Beautiful pics everyone!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Ortal, thanks so much for sharing that. I am so glad to hear that your piggies are able to fill that void left in your heart when your daughter is away, just like my animals fill the void for me left by the loss of my daughter. Looks like we have something in common.

You sound like a wonderful piggy mom, might I add!

TrekkiePiggies

Cavy Slave
I love all the pictures! Lots of well-loved critters out there. I'd like to share some of mine too!

Here is Emperor Maximus (Max for short), a male Pacific Parrotlet. He rules the roost and has been my best buddy for 9 years now! He's four inches tall and weighs about an ounce.
Max9-23-07.jpg

Poofer, my pufferfish. I've had her for a little over a year now
PooferNose.jpg

My Button Quails (from left), Hazel, Peregrine, Maple, and Dove. Hazel and maple are females, Peregrine is male, and Dove is my "gender-confused" quail--she crows, has male markings, has Maple for a mate, and lays eggs. Go figure! I hatched them in June.
4Buttons.jpg

My Japanese Quails, hatched at the end of August. They don't have names yet because I honestly can't tell them apart!
JQSquint.jpg

I'll put the other fishies in my next post....

TrekkiePiggies

Cavy Slave
More fishies as promised....

Rosie, my Pink Convict Cichlid. This girl has serious attitude and spunk!
RosieRock.jpg

Connie, my Gray Convict, is camera-shy.
ConnieHide.jpg

Betta Girl, my old male betta's abusive ex-girlfriend (she tore off half his fins)
BettaGirl.jpg

Calico, my new male betta.
Calico1.jpg

Now on to the puppies....

TrekkiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Amazing Grace, a.k.a. Spacey Gracie and Gracie Space Cadet. She's my lovable klutzy girl. She's an 8-year-old Shetland Sheepdog. She's twice the size a show Sheltie should be, and most people think she must be a collie. We tell everyone we got her at Costco.
GracieSnow.jpg

Annie, our second-eldest, having a bath:
annbath.jpg

Annie as a pup. She's the mischievous one, can't you tell?
anngreen.jpg

Bonnie, our youngest. She died of an extremely rare cancer this past June, aged 6 years. Right now I know she's at the Pearly Gates, wagging her tail, and wagging everything else from the shoulders on back too, and saying "Hawwaow!" (her way of saying "hello" to us) to newcomers. She was the only talking dog I've ever met.
Bonnie.jpg

Another one of Bonnie, with Gracie in the background:
BonnieTurnout.jpg

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
I have finally got some pictures of the pups, and one of the budgie we are looking after. I have finished cutting Jacks hair, but still have to do Tashas chest and legs. They have both had a bath too, so today was a good day for photos!

Jack is my little boy, he has so much energy and spunk. When he walks he bounces, and he loves having swims regardless of the temprature. The other day he was outside playing with a tennis ball. He picked it up, chucked it forward and then bounced off to get it, he kept repeating this for ages! Jack is a bit on the thin side as he is still recovering from his "ordeal" which landed him at the hospital for 3 days earlier this year.
JackCloseup-1.jpg

Jacklyingdown.jpg

Tasha is my little girl, she has attitude and alot of it. Tasha enjoys cuddles and skinning tennis balls. I have never known a dog to skin a tennis ball! After her wash the other day the first thing she went and did was to stick her head in a bag of potting mix that I had been using only just before washing them, needless to say she had to have her face washed again! Tasha is alot more plumper than Jack, and is the first to wolf her food down at dinner and breakfast. In the second picture you can see that her "beard" is wet from drinking!

Tashacloseup.jpg

Tasha2.jpg

Both dogs get along really well, and love not only playing with each other but snuggling up to each other at night. Jack turned 1 last month, and Tasha turned 1 the Wednesday just gone.

This is Sky, she is the budgie we are looking after for a week. Sky loves being out, and perching on my shoulder but lets you know when she is angry or upset. This morning I was watching her play with her swing, she ran up the branch so she was at the highest point, and pulled the metal part of the swing and let it go, effectively making the swing move. The swing came back and hit her, which she did not think was right and so kept on biting it and sqawking at it. Sorry it isnt a very good picture.

Sky2.jpg

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
I'll post some pictures up as soon is I find out how. You will be blinded by cuteness I know you will lol . Oh adorable pets everyone if I could I would animalnap them all hehe.

Newpiggiemom

Cavy Slave
These are all of my furry babies. We now have the same number of pets as peope in our house. Honey is the yellow lab mix, she is 5 years old. We adopted her from the humane society when she was a puppy. Velcro is our cat. She is 8 years old and came to us as a 4 week old kitten when she was orphaned. Cookie is my daughter's tan and white long haired hamster and she is about 10 months old. The two cute little guinea pigs are Jack (satin) and Chester (Abyssinian). We got them 2 weeks ago and the vet says they're 2-4 months old. They are all so precious to us and so spoiled! (as you can tell from their pictures)

Newpiggiemom

Cavy Slave
I can't figure out how to post my pictures. Can someone tell me how to post a reply with my pictures? I'm at a loss right now.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Susan, .... is his hand up a hippo statues' hiney? lol
I believe it was a bull. That's from one of Susan's rare, but very well deserved vacations.

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
Ok, I know these are not furry they are feathered but I will post anyway :D heres a few pics of the owls whilst they were babies I know they are ugly and im evil!! mwhahahahahahaah ahahah ahaahah here they are:

Owlspics089.jpg

more soon just need to upload to photo bucket!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I gots a newer pic of my bunch: and there all together, finally.
Left to fight Shadow, Charlie, Hankie Pankie, Chewie ,Angel, Belle
Pets095.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.