Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Show Off Your Other Furry Babies!!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
If there has already been a post like this before I came along then I apologize, but I just haven't seen any threads in The Cafe where people post pics of their other pets, so I thought I should start one! (I couldn't help it, I love my piggers dearly, but I like to show off all the furry babies in the house, too!)

First is Zoe, who is and always will be, my special girl. Here is the short explanation of why she is so special to me... Before I developed the disorder that has taken away my ability to have children, I became pregnant at 18 due to an assault, (won't/don't want to go into detail about that whole traumatizing mess,) though I had no question that I was going to keep my child. Well, my daughter, Crystal Angel, was stillborn. And within the same month, my beloved cat Goldie, who I'd had since I was about 6 years old, passed away. I was in so much emotional pain, it really is absolutely and completely indescribable. I was ready to die, and was actually hospitalized and put on lockdown in an acute crisis psychiatric ward for being so suicidal and unable to think rationally. Well, I was home, and my mom took me to a no-kill shelter, with the intention on letting me adopt a new cat. But, I don't know, it's so hard to explain... have you ever been at a shelter/rescue, and you lay eyes on an animal, and something just.... clicks, and you immediately know, that you and that animal are supposed to be together? I know it sounds weird. But as soon as I layed eyes on Zoe, a tiny little 6 week old Border Collie, in my mind there was just no need to look at any other animals. She was my baby, and that was it. The lady that ran the rescue said that she rescued her from the pound the day before she was scheduled to die. My mom wasn't prepared to take home a young untrained puppy, she was just expecting a cat. But I guess she saw how my heart had already grabbed onto this little puppy, and she came home with us that night. That was in August of 2001. She is now a little over 6 years old, and remains my special baby girl to this day. If I was offered all the money in the world, I wouldn't take a second thought about giving her up. We belong together. Any way, I'm so sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a novel, just wanted a simple picture thread. Geez, am I the queen of my mouth running away with me or what? :guilty: Hope no one thinks I'm a freak for anything I said. But anyway, onto the pics.

Here's Zoe as a little pup, when I hadn't had her long yet:
zoepup2.jpg

And here she is all grown up:
zoeblanket.jpg

Okay, and now, my big ole' 90lb. lap dog, Zeus. The shelter had him labeled as a Shepherd/Husky mix. We got him in 2002, and he was already an adult, but was obviously mistreated and has special issues and needs. He is extremely sensitive and insecure, but I can promise you, he couldn't have ended up in any home where he would get more loving and reassurance than he does here. He's my boy, and Zoe and him have been best friends since day 1 when we brought him home.

zeusplatypus.jpg

zeushallway.jpg

Okay since this has been so much longer than I planned, I will put the cats in another post. I really hope I haven't broken any rules by rambling on like the idiot I am. Sorry. =(

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
And here's our newest additions, the kitties, Sandy and Oreo.

oreosandysleepingcouch.jpg

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Aw, how cute! Your little kitties make me want to go adopt some myself... ;) Here are some portraits I did of my cats and dog- Luna, Piña, Pixel, and Sierra. By the way, I feel the same connection with my dog. She was a stray and magically landed up my lap when I was going through a very deep depression, and I don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for her.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Here's my Manx cat, Mandy. She's old and grumpy and must always be Queen of the Hill, but I love her very much nonetheless. :)

mandyroyal.jpg

And here's our other 2 cats, they live in the house but they have other special humans besides me so I don't really consider them "mine", but I still enjoy taking photos:

Mia, my Sister's baby:
miaphotogenic.jpg

miastretch2.jpg

And Teddy, my Mom's baby:
teddystretch.jpg

So there ya' go, that's the rest of our furry family.

Now let's see yours!!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
WOW envisionary, your photography puts my pictures to shame, LOL!!
And what beautiful babies you have, wow amazing photos.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
And here are a few more shots of Pixel and Piña from when they were still kittens...

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Lol, thank you! I'm a photographer. ;)

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
I'm a photographer. ;)

I can definately tell, no need to say it! :D Your photos (and of course your animals) are beautiful.

By the way, and this part is to everyone. When I used the words "Furry Babies", I didn't mean to exclude other non-furry animals, LOL! Just wanted to clarify. I wanna see 'em all! Furry, reptile, whatever. If they're your baby, doesn't matter what kind of animal they are.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Aren't animals just the most amazing creatures? They have saved my life more than once. I have lots of critters, that are my babies, but I have no camera. Both of your pictures are wonderful, gorgous animals!
P.S. I love pictures!

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Oh, good. I'm currently furry-pet-less. Which is very sad, but my roommates have cats.

My parents have dogs, though, and I've only just moved out, so...

On the left is Delilah (~4 yo), the bearded lady. And on the right is the Mac, may she rest in peace (or forever have a stranger to chase away, whichever is her preference). We recently lost her, so I'll leave her in there.

And then I have three leopard geckos:
Zatoichi, the blind albino gecko girl (1 yr old)

Eclipse (7 yo)

and Path (had metabolic bone disease as a baby but now rules the roost, 7 yo)
he's the one on the top right in this group shot.

And I guess I have to add the other pics in another post as it says 4 is the limit! Well, no worries, then.
URL%5D

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
So, Sylvia (7 yo), my owner and weaver extraordinaire. Also my dietitian...
I rescued her ~7 months ago, so we're still getting to know each other, but she's such a character...

And I count Dakoda, even though he isn't (I suppose) technically alive... he also helps me keep the room clean so that his highness can have room to chase his toys.

Here he is having some play time with Delilah, who loves to steal his ball and run with it and then Dakoda chases her around... silly puppies.

And sadly, I left my camera at home when I moved out, so I can't take more updated pictures! Though I guess the kitties I live with aren't particularly fond of me, so they don't really count.

That's so cool when I hear stories about people getting that zing of a connection with an animal in a shelter. It warms my heart. I haven't ever experienced it, though. Maybe with the Mac... she really was more my dog than my parents'. But that was a 'oh, but all the others will get adopted, but look, this poor one ha been here three months.' I think in the future I'll go to kill shelters. That way I won't feel bad taking the great dog (as it irritates me when people choose the 'needs-work' dog and the nice ones get euthanized! In no-kill shelters I feel sorry, instead, for the ones that have low adoption chances as they go a bit nuts(er) if they stay in the kennel too long.)

Pets absolutely help with all of life's problems! That's why I plan to never be without 2 in age-disparate sets.

Your pictures are so beautiful, Envisionary! You can definitely tell you are a pro.

I'm contemplating a fuzzy pet- like a cavy (current top choice) but I don't know if I can commit right now... the roommate kitties help stave off mammal-mania. lol

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
OK, now that you got me started, I have a few more pictures (I have a lot of pets!) Here are one of my two ratties, Panda, one of my three leopard geckos, Takk (hey Alusdra, I have one albino and two standard leopard geckos also!), one of my mice, Peaches, one of my frogs, who sadly escaped a few months ago, and my chameleon Buddha, who has since passed away. :weepy:

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
-You are a amazing photographer envisionary, not just anyone can take photo's like that. It takes talent. After all those pics, I really want a cat.......

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Aw, thank you! I love photographing my zoo. lol Here's a few pictures of the fish too...

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Last two, I promise! Here's a better shot of Sierra, my dog, and a funny one of Luna. I left a ten gallon aquarium out and found him in it! He's a weird cat. :crazy:

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay here I go, I'm just gonna put my dogs and cats but I also have 2 horses an arab mare and a paint pony. We also have 9 pygmy goats but are trying to re home most of them because we are having trouble affording to feed them, but I'm afraid after we get rid of them my parents will want to get rid of taco :( taco is a great pyreneese we originlaly got to watch over the goats becasue we thought we'd have problemly with predators but we dont thankfully, so she became more of a pet than a working dog.
Well here are my pics.
Angelle- 4yr old dlh mix??? maybe part maine coon???
017.jpg

Hankie Pankie George- 5yr old dsh mix
confirmationandpets013.jpg

Shadow- 9yr old shih tzu/ mini poodle mix
camping4-29-07017.jpg

Belle- 8yr old rottie/shepherd mix
camping4-29-07016.jpg

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
Goldie- 1yr old syrian hamster
th_014.jpg
th_CampingPeidmont008.jpg

My sister, with Jazzmin and the goats
Sept2006JazzHerd1.jpg

Taco when he was a baby- I couldnt find any other pics of him

Last edited:

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
both cats, both pigs, and shadow
011-1.jpg

Hankie and the guinea pigs
theguineapigsandcats023.jpg

Both dogs:
camping4-29-07005.jpg

Both cats:
006_3A.jpg

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Here's a few pics of my evil kitten cosmo. He's a black and white domestic short hair, he's about 9 months old, he's head is about the same size as it was when he was 2 months old. In the first pic we didn't edit it thats acutally how it turned out!
cosmo-3.jpg

Cosmo with angelica.Cosmo get's the piggies petstore cage now :D
Picture271.jpg

Here's my fish BraveHeart he's a betta with an attitude.He's green, blue, and black.And that bowl in the picture is now gone it broke and we replaced it with a 2.5 gallon aquarium thats on the kitchen counter.
Picture002.jpg

Soon to be added to my pet's are possible 2 mice and a dog. Hopefully in the next few weeks :D.In fact I've already picked out the dog I jsut have to get the OK from my mom to get him.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Alusdra, your animals are all so precious, great pics! Your geckos are really cute! They look kind of like the wild lizards we have that hang around our house, except your gecko's have much bigger tails. I am constantly running onto the lizards outside, and sometimes even inside the house! :crazy: Not sure what species they are exactly, but here's a photo I took of one recently when I was out on the patio one night. He was on the outside of our window screen.

lizard091307.jpg

Jenni, beautiful animals, every single one of them!! Thank you so much for coming back and posting more photos, I just love the one of your sister with Jazzmin and the goats. I sure hope you get to keep Taco, he looks like a very sweet boy. Funny, our cats like to eat the piggy's hay now, too, since I bought from KM's. I have to put some in a shoebox outside my door, to keep them out, LOL!

I absolutely love seeing all these wonderful creatures. Keep them coming, guys!!! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.