Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels should i keep my upper level?

Sl and S

Cavy Slave
So my upper level is becoming a pain. It makes it impossible for me to get my gpigs out bc every time i try to get them out the run up under the upper level. could I make it a 1x1 or would that be toi small for their hay?

I've tried a 1x1, it is too small. You could move the loft to the side of the cage so that there is no space under it. I will try and find a picture for you.

I had the same problem and modified my cage this way. It works well!

Here is a picture:

I like that design. That way you have some storage under the loft.

I had a 1x2 upper level in my 2x5 and finally removed it. They hid in there all the time and it was a pain to clean. If they spent more time up there, I might have kept it but they liked to go under it more than on it. Mine are a lot more active with one large space.

My cages have 1.5 x 2's and they work perfectly. Enough space for two pigs to be up there without being ontop of each other, and just small enough so that I can reach under the upper level to get to the back corners of the lower level. I've tried 2x2's and couldn't get to the back of the lower level and a 1x2 was to small for two pigs to be in at the same time. Maybe try that?

i have 3 piga by the way.

could i keep the 2x3 and move it over to where only 1x2 will be in the cage a 2x2 will be hanginf off? how would i hold it up though?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.