Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur Shedding hair

julylambog

Cavy Slave
Hey I was just wondering if shedding lots of hair is normal for my Texel tyrone and silkie bruno. And if it is how can I reduce the shedding?

You can't. Just brush them often, that'll get rid of the loose stuff.

How do I brush them and with what?

Lots of shedding is normal but if you can pet your piggy and pull out a ton of hair super easily (not just loose hairs) then you might want to make a vet visit. This happened to my long hair one recently.

Try brushing first, they sell little pig grooming kits. I use a soft hair brush on mine and he loves it.

Oh yes I trim up the hair on my long hairs booty and that helps a lot!

I always combed my teddies and texels with a medium tooth comb. Their fur is pretty dense so I try to get near the skin to remove any debris near the skin, being careful not to scratch it.

I always combed my teddies and texels with a medium tooth comb. Their fur is pretty dense so I try to get near the skin to remove any debris near the skin, being careful not to scratch it.
What I'd a medium tooth comb?

What I'd a medium tooth comb?

Some combs have very narrow teeth and are spaced very closely together. Others are very wide. I've found that if the space between the teeth is too tight, you can pull their hair out. A comb with wide teeth and wide spaces won't do much. A comb with teeth spaced about 1/8 inch apart seems to work the best

Some combs have very narrow teeth and are spaced very closely together. Others are very wide. I've found that if the space between the teeth is too tight, you can pull their hair out. A comb with wide teeth and wide spaces won't do much. A comb with teeth spaced about 1/8 inch apart seems to work the best
OK thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.