Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Sheading

Jumpy_Bean11

Cavy Slave
Are GP's supposed to shed??? My Peanut is shedding like CRAZY! But it is spring. My cat sheds too. I just dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! They do shed. However, if they're losing a lot, itching excessively or have bald patches it could be mites.

*I love that this was filed under genitals - so it reads genitals:shedding* :)

Does your guinea pig live inside or out? Is it an all over shedding, or just in spots?

My guineas shed like nuts. Don't worry, piggies are supposed to shed. You might notice more than usual around the summer/winter seasons though.

*I love that this was filed under genitals - so it reads genitals:shedding* :)

haha I was like "Whhhaat?"

I have a texel/teddy and she sheds like no other!!

I have a texel/teddy and she sheds like no other!!

Me too!! And it is the weirdest/kinkiest/fuzziest hair ever! Although, my peruvian/abby sheds like mad too :)

Me too!! And it is the weirdest/kinkiest/fuzziest hair ever! Although, my peruvian/abby sheds like mad too :)

Carliee has a lot of black curly/kinky hair also. When I am wearing a white shirt I make sure I brush it all off lol But we can't complain! Imagine if they had free roam of the house 24/7 like dogs or cats. It would be everywhere. I don't understand how it grows fast enough to replenish the lost hairs.

Sign me up for the "Shedding Aby" club, asap! I swear the 2 abbys shed more then the other 4 put together!
By any chance is your Peanut an Abyssinian? I can't back this up with scientific reasoning, but Abys seem to shed worse than other breeds, even long-haired cavies. All cavies shed and mine have been excessive with the advent of Spring.

Many of us here on the Forum have threatened to form a "Shedding Aby" club. ^_^

My Poppy sheds constantly!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.