Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sexing 1 week old babies

ChristieB

Cavy Slave
I cannot figure out the sex of these babies! I know by 3 weeks it will be no guessing, but right now at 8 days old, I can't get a penis to extrude and can't tell what is what. Then I looked up pictures online and the girls can look like boys too since they also have a protrusion which just confused me even more. Is there a different way to tell? I am obviously not good at this in the first place since I had a preggo mama. I was suppose to have 2 girls...well, that apparently was not the case and now instead of having 2 guineas I have 8. :D

The only thing I can recommend is posting pics of the genitalia and seeing if anyone can help you tell what they are. Pics need to be really clear and close as many people have tried to post pics but it was too hard to tell on most what sex they are. GL!

I read in the rules that is not allowed otherwise I would.

Where did you find that rule? I'm not familiar with it, and I'm positive there are other pictures asking for help identifying sexes.

Are you talking about this rule "No sexing, medical or "questions" pictures. If you need advice about the proper sex of your pet or input about a medical condition please post about it in (including the pictures) the Medical Forum, NOT in the galleries. If you have questions about your cage, the gallery is not the place to post these questions. Questions belong in the forum." It just means do not post those pics in the gallery, post them in the appropriate forum, even if you make a mistake a mod can move the post, I promise they won't cut off your head ;) unless they are really cranky (just kidding mods :D)

I saw it in the picture rules on the general forum but just read that I could post it in medical so I will try to take pictures of all 6 and then post over there.

Your piggie mama had 6 babies? Wow! That's a lot. I don't think it's worth trying to sex them right now , since they're so small. I would wait til they are 2 weeks or 2 1/2 weeks old, then try. It should be easier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.