Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting Severe Bites

dolphinwaves

Cavy Slave
Sick to my stomach, my guinea pigs got into a huge tiff and both have severe bites. Off to the vet. Does anyone have any suggestions to help them get along? I made their cage bigger its 2 x 6 w/ brand new coroplast and 2 of everything, along w/ 2 corners covered w/ a blanket. Gave them baths together last night and dried them then put them in their new home. They did ok, chasing and chirping at each other but not fighting until this morning. I did put up a divider during the night, just wanted to make sure that if they did fight I was there to stop. This has been going on for a month. Any suggestions?

Are they both boys? I had two boys at one point that got along really well for quite some time until one day they would fight so bad and result in an injury. I think it is really just chance and luck if you find two that get along. I ended up putting a grid divider between them so they could see each other but not hurt each other. Maybe someone else here will have some good tips on how their pigs get along? I hope their injuries aren't too bad :(

Yes, they are both males. Just got back from the vet, damage a little more severe than I thought. One has a bite from the incisors that goes all the way through and the other has a flap by the eye. Luckily didn't need stitches, just antibiotics and a cage w/ no dust in it for a couple of weeks til everything heals.:weepy:
Their C and C cage is big enough I put a divider in the middle, they will be able to see each other but we won't be mixing them again. They won't even be allowed to come out at play time together. Keep it safer for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.