Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning Settling in

Ofarja

Cavy Slave
Hey, Just thought i'd share my happiness. I've had my guinea's for a month now and finally My main man teddy starts popcorning and wheeking when i bring him food X And his younger brother (yoda) is joining in. Hopefully over the next two weeks the youngest (elvis) will join in too. can anyone give me any little tips just to help this little guy settle in better? The youngest is still really shy to the point he is always hiding. Thanks guys X

Glad to hear your piggies are popcorning and wheeking -- they are probably my favorite thing about guinea pigs!

To help them continue to settle in, I would recommend developing and/or maintaining a routine with set times each day you do certain things. Guinea pigs seem to be creatures of habit and mine always remind me when it's veggie time. :) Perhaps once you have consistently fed your guinea pigs at certain times of the day, Elvis will come to remember the schedule and get excited too. Also, try to spend as much time as you can around the cage, cleaning, feeding, straightening up, etc. as this will help them get used to you and your touch.

Good luck!

thanks will definately keep itall in mind X now i just have to get them use to a camera X lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.