Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Settling In

Blog entry from old forum

Mishkapop

Cavy Slave
Crumbs, Mab and Ingris have been with us a week now and I'm starting to get a feel for them. Mab is a little munchkin, quick to cause trouble. She's chatty too, giving me a few wheeks when she sees the veg bowl already! Ingris is a bossy boots, also a climber. She seems her happiest sat up on top of her log house, silly thing. Crumbs is a lot quieter, I think most of this is down to the fact she doesn't have a cagemate at the moment. I would love to move her in with the other two but I don't have room for a C&C big enough for them in the front room sadly. So I make sure I'm giving her lots and lots of fuss to try and make up for it.

They did all turn out to have mites, so they're going to have to be quaratined for another 5 weeks yet :( At least though this gives me plenty of time to get the cage ready for when they move in.

The vet also said she couldn't feel any babies in Ingris, which was a relief. It looks like she just has a big butt. As for Crumbs though, she was a little concerned. She said it was too soon to tell if she was pregnant because of the maths of it (if she is she'd only be around 3 weeks), but she did say to be prepared for it to happen. I've started weighing Crumbs daily, she put on 6 grams in the last two days, but this could just be down to her eating more now she's settling in. We'll have to wait and see. I'm a bit ginger about handling her, but I need to to be honest, she's got such long fur it needs brushing every day. If it becomes any clearer that she is in fact pregnant, I will stop then and deal with her hair when appropriate.

I still miss Wibble terribly. I miss her super loud wheek, the way she licked me like crazy and chewed on my hair and glasses. But I am glad at the same time I had the oppurtunity to bring these three needy piggles into my life and offer them a good retirement home.

Tomorrow I will be attempting to cut the new girls nails. Now that is going to be an adventure!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.