Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Separately feeding adult and baby?

nikkialex

Cavy Slave
Hooooooo boy so about a week and a half ago, one of my girls died. My heart is still broken, but for the health of her cagemate I adopted a baby who's a little over a month old. Shes got a clean bill of health and seems to be doing well in her new environment. I'm hoping to house her and my other piggy together soon, BUT my older girl has a terrible habit of eating EVERYTHING. I have the baby on Oxbow Young Guinea Pig diet and alfalfa hay, and I REALLY dont want my older girl eating it. When the time comes for them to live together, how do I prevent my older piggy from eating the baby food? I know the baby is gonna be on it for a WHILE since shes so young and I dont want my other one getting too much calcium! I'm having a really hard time finding info on this.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Feed the baby the same thing you feed the older pig, and just take it out of the cage once a day for a couple of sprigs of parsley. What the baby mostly needs is the extra calcium, and the parsley will take care of that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.