Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Separated boys trying to get back together?

kadege

Cavy Slave
After a very long rollercoaster of thinking my boys were finally getting along and realizing they actually were not which ended in a vet trip and some antibiotics for Peanut Butter, they have been separated for a while now. Today, though, they were peeking through the edges of the wall of silence and trying to get to each other. When I adjusted it so they could no longer see each other, I found them like this...

photo (6).jpg

I moved Peanut Butter's tunnel away from the dividing wall so he can't jump over and/or get hurt, but I'm curious if you all think they're trying to get together because they miss each other or because they want to fight each other. It is possible that the previous injuries were accidental due to Honey having really long fingernails, but it's also possible they just hate each other and want to fight some more. I don't know! I just want them to be happy :( any ideas?

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
What noises were they making when this happened?

kadege

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure that they were making any noises at all. Honey doesn't really ever make any noises, but I don't remember Peanut Butter making any at all

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure that they were making any noises at all. Honey doesn't really ever make any noises, but I don't remember Peanut Butter making any at all

You could try a buddy bath and see if that helps them. If they can't get along after that, then it may not be meant to be for them. Sometimes, even though they can't be in the same cage, they can still benefit from one another's presence by being nearby one another. If they're sniffing one another out, they're curious, which is a good sign.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.