Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Securing coroplast

miskaffon

Cavy Slave
I have 12 cubes ready to make a 4x3 c&c cage. I have been looking at the pictures on the site, and have my ideas ready for this cage, but I'm not sure how to secure the coroplast once it's cut to size.

What material is commonly used/safe to seal and shape the bottom?

Thanks!

ps- this is for a cavy cage for my three girls, Penelope, Princess, and Michigan. They're doing good but they're anxious for a bigger cage...

What do you mean? The box is five connected sides, you secure the flaps with strong tape.

Like shipping tape? Should I add some type of waterproofing as well?

Yes shipping tape would work. They whole cage is kinda waterproofed, with any kind of bedding it won't leak.

I see many people use either carpet or some sort of mattress with the c&c cage; how do you keep that clean? Is it ok to put a regular recycled paper (like Yesterday's News) or something like that rather than artificial materials such as carpet/poly fibers from the bed?

Thanks for your help! :)

You must be talking about fleece, a lot of people use fleece as bedding, some people use towels. I personally have never heard of any one using carpet though. Most people wash the fleece in their washer, some people may wash them outside or by hand, depending on if they have access to a washing machine and dryer.

Yesterdays News is fine, a little on the spendy side. CareFresh is pretty good bedding, along with kiln dried pine, and aspen etc. I personally use kiln dried pine. Some people use actual newspaper, but only use it if you know the ink is soy based.

The box is five connected sides
Ok, you have a weird shaped box if it is connected like that dagwell. Mine only has 4 corners. I just had to laugh a little at that.

I think dagwell meant 5 sides including the bottom...*laughs* I remember seeing the same thing on the "how to page" and staring at my computer trying to figure out how that would EVER work...haha. ;)

Probably, and it doesn't help that I am very tired tonight and still have to get two cavy caves sewn to be shipped tomorrow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.