Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Searching for a friend for my lonely boar.

SunshineKim

Cavy Slave
Hello.
I recently adopted our first piggie Sparky from my cousin and we are looking to find him a friend. I have been keeping an eye craigslist since we don't have any rescues close by.

I found an add for a 3 week old male on craigs list. I know that he would be too small to try to bond with our Sparky at this point, but what I'm wondering is a couple of things. A cavy that young on craigs list. Is it usually a breeder? Also keeping the 2 week quarantine in mind, how long should I wait to try to introduce them to each other. Sparky is about 1 year old so he is pretty much full grown.

I am committed to giving these babies the best care and living spaces but I am a newbie and still learning. I currently have a 2x3 with a 1x2 kitchen loft. My plan is to make a double level 2x3 that will equal a 2x6 space. I will keep the 2 levels separate until the boys are ready to be introduced no matter how old the piggie we are able to adopt is.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.