Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Sealing the edges?

nicholelynne

Cavy Slave
I am going to make my C&C cage this coming week, and I was wondering, (and Im sorry, I think I have read about this on here, but I cant find it for the life of me), do any of you find it necessary/helpful to seal up the folded edges of the coroplast liner? I would hate to have it leaking pee onto the floor...
Thanks!! :eye-poppi

Not really, as long as you have a liner of some kind layed out there won't really be any leaks. Liners are an important part of any cage for that very reason, in fact. Good luck!

If you just score the coroplast (cut through just one layer, not two) and bend it, you'll only need to seal it at the corners. If you make a mistake and cut all the way through it, you'll need to seal the long cuts as well. Be sure to put the tape on the outside of the coroplast -- my pigs think it's delicious.

You won't really have any urine running through, but it is possible to have some dampness seep through if it's not sealed, so it's best just to tape it up.

Thanks guys!

I was planning on taping the outside of the corner flaps. I was just wondering if I should put a line of silicone up the inside edge of the corner as well, or if just taping the flaps down would be enough?

Im planning on using aspen bedding, and maybe carefresh as well, if that makes a difference...

I used Carefresh at first, but then I found out about Piggy bedspreads and made one myself (which saved a bit of $!) and I have saved sooo much money. I just switch the "bedspreads" out one a week and sweep up the poops every morning and night. Chewy loves his spread and will lay out in the open just relaxing and begging to be played with for just a few more minutes, not to mention popcorning all around, lol.

You don't need silicone -- just put some wide packaging tape on the outsides of any cuts.

Thanks, bpatters!! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to know! :D

GreyEyedVamp, thanks, I am thinking about the whole fleece thing... may end up trying it sometime, Im just not sure how that would work out for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.