Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Scale

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I want to buy a scale and i was wondering if this scale would work...

Scale

It is from Target and it can weigh up to 2 lbs..and my pig is a little over 1lb.

.. or would this one work

Scale

I think the elctronic ones are much better since they have higher accuracy. Although, the first one is good for keeping your guinea pig settled....

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Good point. Mine are both over 2lb so I would think yours would be too (in the future)

Thanks so much. I am going to try to get one today or tomorrow and hopefully it will be like the second one.

yes- i would also get the 2nd one

I don't have a scale yet, either.

Buy one that measures in pounds, ounces, grams and kilograms. Usually the digital scales are a much better choice.

I agree the digital one is best. Then there is the question as to how to weigh the pig. You can use any container that will fit the pig; I use a tupperware container.

Then there is the question as to how to attach the container to the scale. My vet has 1 piece of velcro attached to the scale and the other piece of velcro attached to the container. I used clear tape to attach my container to my scale.

I have a pig who weighs over 3 pounds so I would definatly recromend a different scale.

There are some nice one's on ebay that will weigh up to 5lbs.

I use a digital postal scale that works great! (Purchased on Ebay for $20.00 It meausures in ounces and up to 30lbs.) We use it for our gpigs,pinewood derby cars,school projects and when we sell on EBAY. It is very accurate!!!

A tupperware container or shoe box keeps the piggies from jumping off when they are getting weighed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.