Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

santa hats.. H-E-L-P!

midgetdesi

Cavy Slave
Hi all-
I really need help from anyone who has done this already. I got a new camara for my birthday. I really want to make mini santa hats for my piggies so i can snap some photos and send them out for christmas cards. Ive seen a few photo of piggies who owners figured out how to make them, if you could help me make some I would be very very greatful. I just need directions thats all. If you bought some or got them from another source, I cant spend much money to do that. I am thinking just buying some felt and mini white pom poms and some white felt too. HELP!
Thanks
Desi

Treen

Cavy Slave
If you have photo editing software, simply get a photo of a santa hat, erase the background and superimpose it on a picture of the pigs - much more fun for them than having things balanced on their heads!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
ooo, I had to do that for graphics coursework. Paint Shop Pro works well. Use the wand tool to select the white background, then press invert (its in one of the toolbars....somewhere).

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I made some for my piggies (broken link removed)
I have instructions i can send if you PM me your email.

Twinkle_Toes

Cavy Slave
Here is one that the background is clear on, just save it to your computer and add it to the pics you are wanting to use.

midgetdesi

Cavy Slave
hi furkidsmommy-
my email is [email protected]
thanks so much!!! for the help!
The photo shop thingy isnt working i am on a mac!
thanks again
desi

piggielover92

Cavy Slave
On my avatar is my Christmas pigture! We used American Girl doll hats.....

Denise

Cavy Slave
Just a bit off-topic, I bought little stockings for my piggies from Michael's and hung them on their cage (high enough they can't reach) for Santa to fill with Orchard grass and Alfalfa yummies!

Banana

Cavy Slave
I also made santa hats for our chrissy photos. I just used red felt, cut it in a semicircle and turned it into a cone shape, i sewed the edges and stuck cotton wool using glue around the bottom.

And coincidently enough i have just finished making 4 stockings for my sister in laws rabbits, my rabbit and my two girls (they're sharing). Made them out of felt too. very easy to do.

Have fun taking the pictures, i found my girls were quite happy to pose if there was grass there to munch on (you can pretty much do anything to them if they have a little grass!)

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I had an old santa hats that I used to wear. I cut it and made one and it is just like my husbands new santa hat. I used yarn as a hat holder. it loose so it wouldnt bother the piggie. I took some pics and I will try to post it on here. Most of my pics i took are too big to post on here. I bought stockings from the dollar store and put their names on em. My squeakers had her babes on sunday morning and their names are Scruffles after our previous piggie Scruffy, Holly and Blizzard. I was hoping that my hubby would pic a winter or christmas name but he wanted either Scruffy or Scruffles. We had to give Scruffy to our neice and nephew cause he is a loner and no room to make a nice C&C cage for him. I miss him and the 2 other boys Reese and Chewie :(.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.