Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Rock Slate Caves cage idea??anybody done this?

Candi Brown

Cavy Slave
I have traveled thru Pensylvania this week and seen some nice slate rocks that I picked up with the plan on building some small caves out of them and maybe a stairwell to the second level. I have a 5x3 cage with a second level built with a 72 in wire closet shelf to have the bottom completely open to running laps. Has anyone else ever tried anything like this? Is there any pig mess issues ( I figure I can just wash it off when it gets messy) or are there any issues that I'm not thinking about before I start. Im hoping to just give them a little more natural habitat for them to hide and play thru. I'm gonna make it safe or I won't use it but any construction ideas may be helpful. Probably gonna support with PVC and hide with other rocks and hot glue?? Well any ideas will be helpful and any warnings will be too. Thanks

It might get annoying to clean the cage around all those rocks. That's the only thing I can think of.

Yeah I worry about that too but I'm gonna put all the pieces attached too each other so they can lift out in one piece. I worry about that to but they are litter trained pretty well..... But the new environment always changes things?? At least I won't have any money wrapped up into it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.